Memphis TN - Must sees and Dos

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
So, I am heading to the East Coast next month. I and a son are going to meet in Memphis for some R&R.

Staying in an AirBnB close to Beale and BB King. Not sure if we will rent a car.

Going to check out The Lorraine Motel, Graceland, Stacks records and Sun studio. And Beale at night.

Really want to try local food and some Tennessee Whiskey

Any suggestions?

Edit: Going to try to do Nashville this year also.

Thanks

So, I am heading to the East Coast next month. I and a son are going to meet in Memphis for some R&R.

Staying in an AirBnB close to Beale and BB King. Not sure if we will rent a car.

Going to check out The Lorraine Motel, Graceland, Stacks records and Sun studio. And Beale at night.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hard to go wrong with bar b q in Memphis. But I would highly recommend Leonard's Pit Barbecue. They haven't been around forever for no reason.

I have a good friend there is you need some pointers.

Hard to go wrong with bar b q in Memphis. But I would highly recommend Leonard's Pit Barbecue. They haven't been around forever for no reason.

I have a good friend there is you need some pointers.

I will check it out. Want to try some dry rub ribs, and of course some BBQ and country fried Chicken. Black beans and rice

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bump.

In bound.

Here are some must-see places for local food in Memphis, TN

1. Central BBQ
    Known for its slow-smoked meats, Central BBQ is a staple in Memphis. Try the pulled pork sandwich and their famous ribs.
  2. Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
    A local favorite, this place serves up spicy, crispy fried chicken that’s a must-try.
  3. The Rendezvous
    Located in the heart of downtown, this restaurant is famous for its dry-rubbed ribs. The atmosphere is also noteworthy.
  4. A&R Bar-B-Que
    Another great spot for barbecue lovers, A&R is known for its flavorful smoked meats and classic Southern sides.
  5. Soul Fish Cafe
    This casual eatery focuses on fresh seafood with a Southern twist. Their catfish is highly recommended.

Here are some must-see places for local food in Memphis, TN

1. Central BBQ
    Known for its slow-smoked meats, Central BBQ is a staple in Memphis. Try the pulled pork sandwich and their famous ribs.
  2. Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
    A local favorite, this place serves up spicy, crispy fried chicken that’s a must-try.
  3. The Rendezvous
    Located in the heart of downtown, this restaurant is famous for its dry-rubbed ribs. The atmosphere is also noteworthy.
  4. A&R Bar-B-Que
    Another great spot for barbecue lovers, A&R is known for its flavorful smoked meats and classic Southern sides.
  5. Soul Fish Cafe
    This casual eatery focuses on fresh seafood with a Southern twist. Their catfish is highly recommended.
Wish I had seen this before the trip. Made it to Rendezvous, walk past Central, close to the Lorraine Hotel, but it was closed and didn't make it back. Really would have like to check out The Chicken and Fish places.

I am definitely going back to Memphis so I can try some of these

Back