MIB Hit

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
My last appointment tonight had a MIB post that was related to seeking treatment for alcohol or drug abuse. He denied ever having an issue with either. Is there any carrier who would not check the MIB? He wants $20,000 coverage.

My last appointment tonight had a MIB post that was related to seeking treatment for alcohol or drug abuse. He denied ever having an issue with either. Is there any carrier who would not check the MIB? He wants $20,000 coverage.

Security National

SNL or Aetna should work. Make sure they are over 60 or you won't get paid with Aetna.

I was not aware SNL didn't check the MIB. He is an insulin dependent diabetic who takes 46 units daily so Aetna won't work. He has prostate cancer 3 years ago so that knocks out several other companies. He also had a stroke years ago so that also weeds out a few, diabetes with a history of stroke. Not many left. SNL standard is his only choice I guess.

Why not provide details of the alcohol/drug treatment to an insurance companies Underwriters?

If it was long enough back, some companies may offer coverage. Work with companies who underwriters allow you to present additional information, on behalf of your client.

No the applicant said he bought a policy from Liberty National 30 years ago and hasn't applied since. He still has his policy with LN.

If I were you I would give Royal Neighbors a shot as they don't care about felonies or DUI/DWI so I would bet they don't care about this situation (as long as question 7c can be answered "no".). Also, insulin users still get their best rate which will be better than SNL standard.

Please let us know the results! :)

Last edited:
Back