Question on MIB/Pharmacy Benefit Managers

Klutch

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
With most telephone interviews, they get the authorization for the script check, & they include a line that states they can revoke the companies access to MIB/Pharmacy Benefit Managers. My question is, what happens if a policyholder does this?

But what happens if they die in the contestible period? If they can't check medical records, wouldn't that guarantee the claim will be paid?

Or guarantee that it won't be paid. I just read several and they're all a little different. For example, KSKJ says that if revoked and in the contestable period they "may not be able to make any benefit payments".

Or guarantee that it won't be paid. I just read several and they're all a little different. For example, KSKJ says that if revoked and in the contestable period they "may not be able to make any benefit payments".

Unless they put in writing that "we won't pay if you revoke medical access" I don't see how they can legally do that.

Unless they put in writing that "we won't pay if you revoke medical access" I don't see how they can legally do that.

I think I just gave you an example where they do. Think about it...how many companies are going to want to pay a contestable claim without being able to check the medical records?

I think I just gave you an example where they do. Think about it...how many companies are going to want to pay a contestable claim without being able to check the medical records?

It's not a matter of how many will want to pay (try zero), but a matter of whats legal and permissable.

Back