Moo Di

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got this link in the mail.

Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company

Personally, I never cared for group LTD plans. Usually a raw deal for the policyholder.

This one has some interesting (to me at least) twists. I have never heard of an LTD plan that pays a benefit to the employer.

Is this something unique to MOO and is this benefit available on individual DI plans?

20 years ago I sold DI with moo, it was "association group" - which was just an indy plan with an association group discount, and the DI was a better rate for doctors and lawyers- and I do not recall the key employee feature. This could be something new, but it looks like they created a plan for docs and lawyers. Could still be "association group" of some sort... although it does not really mention that, it looks like a regular group plan. We used to sell business expense DI.

Got this link in the mail.

Personally, I never cared for group LTD plans. Usually a raw deal for the policyholder.

This one has some interesting (to me at least) twists. I have never heard of an LTD plan that pays a benefit to the employer.

Is this something unique to MOO and is this benefit available on individual DI plans?

Late response, but there are riders on group LTD out now that pay the COBRA premium for employees out on disability to employers. Kind of a big sell lately with the COBRA provision in the stimulus package I would think.

Back