Mortgage vs. Insurance?

I think Salpro used to fly F117's - bombed the S@#$ out of some of those sand monkeys! (just kidding JR, but thank you for your service to our country).

The only way to do any type of telemarketing is to play mind games. Just pretend that the phone is a slot machine, pull the handle (dial) and see if it is a winner. Most pulls will not produce a payout - but when you get one - DING,DING,DING! Lights, Bells and Whistels!!! Yeah, pull it again, see what happens. It sounds silly but can keep you motivated. I guess, to each his own but it works for some people.

Last edited:
22Sal,

I've read in posts you generated your leads by doing your own cold calling first before you hired telemarketers. That had to be hard because you were manually dialing numbers and doing calls all alone.. Most people I know hate cold calling because of constant rejection and manually dialing the phone numbers.

Valid points. If somebody can't handle rejection they should find another line of work or find out ways to handle rejection more effectively. Sitting down at a phone for hours is on easy picnic, but there are ways to make it enjoyable with some background music and incense. Most people don't mean to be rude or insulting, so it is all a matter of perspective. Cold calling can be daunting, but the rewards are worth the hassle.

Salisbury MD??? I specialize in selling health insurance 100% right now and have been in the field for almost 2 years. I will start my CLU and/or CHFC training in September

Yah SalPro,

My friend was born in Salisbury and now living somewhere in Baltimore. Where in Md. are you from?

Personally, I play quarters to pass the time. 20 quarters, 1 quarter in the can for every call. When they're all gone, I can get up.

I think Salpro used to fly F117's - bombed the S@#$ out of some of those sand monkeys! (just kidding JR, but thank you for your service to our country).

The only way to do any type of telemarketing is to play mind games. Just pretend that the phone is a slot machine, pull the handle (dial) and see if it is a winner. Most pulls will not produce a payout - but when you get one - DING,DING,DING! Lights, Bells and Whistels!!! Yeah, pull it again, see what happens. It sounds silly but can keep you motivated. I guess, to each his own but it works for some people.

Wow, 007, you must be good on the phone if you can get people to cough up their Social Security Number in one call!

Yah, I telemarketed for a mortgage company and we cold call and was trained really well to warm up clients by using a call one script. That script consisted of like ten to fifteen questions and sometimes we talk. But the goal is to let prospect to do most of the talking and we learned the pyramid technique from initially warming up prospect questions to asking that Hard/Hopefull last question in the script was " so, what is your soash? ". If I got the soash in call one, I knew I was working with a motivated prospect and they were seriously enough to do business. It was not me but it's having a good script if you want succees for phone prospecting......

Last edited:
Yah SalPro,

My friend was born in Salisbury and now living somewhere in Baltimore. Where in Md. are you from?

I'm in Laurel, MD about 20 minutes from Baltimore. It's a nice area and has everything I need.

Yah, I telemarketed for a mortgage company and we cold call and was trained really well to warm up clients by using a call one script. That script consisted of like ten to fifteen questions and sometimes we talk. But the goal is to let prospect to do most of the talking and we learned the pyramid technique from initially warming up prospect questions to asking that Hard/Hopefull last question in the script was " so, what is your soash? ". If I got the soash in call one, I knew I was working with a motivated prospect and they were seriously enough to do business. It was not me but it's having a good script if you want succees for phone prospecting......

Would you be kind enough to share the script with the forum? Might help out some people refine their approach, myself included.

I have a script for a company I work for now B2B setting up appointments for a franchise. Pyramiding is simply by initially asking light/easy warm-up building repoire questions. For example, I met a nice chic at an associates office and I introduced myself and said " Hi " and asked her " how long you've been working for this company " and she said " 3 years ". I replied bluntly , " oh btw, can I call you sometime?". Well, she said I'm sorry I here to talk business only ". I'm use to rejection in sales, but my point is I did not build enough repoire by asking more questions. Off course there are other factors for her not giving phone number like/maybe I'm ugly( jk, lol).

If you have a script in call one or initial phone call, I'm willing to evaluate and give you my honest opinion.

Back