Most extensive study ever . Mapd and original Medicare have same satisfaction for user

This is the one statement that jumped out at me.

However, traditional Medicare outperformed Medicare Advantage on other measures, such as receiving care in the highest-rated hospitals for cancer care or in the highest-quality skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies.

I want access to the best care I can get.

I can understand the satisfaction level being about the same. The majority have never had a really serious, long, drawn out condition. I have had many people tell me they are satisfied with thier $0 extra beneifts plan when the were just receiving routine ailments, However, many changed thier mind when they weree striken with a serious condition. Not only because of their OPE but becasue of the hassle of dealing with managed care. Never had a med supp holder say thy wish they gone with an advantage plan after a serious, expensive illness but I have had sevral advantage plan holders say they wish they had never cjamged from their med supp.

This is the one statement that jumped out at me.

However, traditional Medicare outperformed Medicare Advantage on other measures, such as receiving care in the highest-rated hospitals for cancer care or in the highest-quality skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies.

I can understand the satisfaction level being about the same. The majority have never had a really serious, long, drawn out condition. I have had many people tell me they are satisfied with thier $0 extra beneifts plan when the were just receiving routine ailments, However, many changed thier mind when they weree striken with a serious condition. Not only because of their OPE but becasue of the hassle of dealing with managed care. Never had a med supp holder say thy wish they gone with an advantage plan after a serious, expensive illness but I have had sevral advantage plan holders say they wish they had never cjamged from their med supp.

That’s like Saying I have a $2 k auto deductible or a $5k homeowners deductible. When I have a claim of course I wish I had a $100. Or when I was self employed and had a $8k deductible and had $25 k claim . Of course I wish I had $1 k . Insurance is about risk vs cost . I run into many people 75 paying $340 for the med sup and $80 for part d . They can no longer afford . On the other side my 90 yr old dad has had 1 claim with his med sup he pays $540 a month for . He would have saved $85 k the last 25 yrs . It’s about risk reward . Now we have to throw in the $2 k dental benefit you can go to any dentist with in 2023. Regardless of what any of us think mapd is steam rolling fast

That’s like Saying I have a $2 k auto deductible or a $5k homeowners deductible. When I have a claim of course I wish I had a $100. Or when I was self employed and had a $8k deductible and had $25 k claim . Of course I wish I had $1 k . Insurance is about risk vs cost . I run into many people 75 paying $340 for the med sup and $80 for part d . They can no longer afford . On the other side my 90 yr old dad has had 1 claim with his med sup he pays $540 a month for . He would have saved $85 k the last 25 yrs . It’s about risk reward . Now we have to throw in the $2 k dental benefit you can go to any dentist with in 2023. Regardless of what any of us think mapd is steam rolling fast

You are so blind. He is talking about managed mangled care of mapd vs Orig Medicare and its better choice of care.. Money is useless if you are sick and can't use it.

I wonder if they only surveyed the unhealthy, what the results would be? Drastically different is my bet.

You are so blind. He is talking about managed mangled care of mapd vs Orig Medicare and its better choice of care.. Money is useless if you are sick and can't use it.

I wonder if they only surveyed the unhealthy, what the results would be? Drastically different is my bet.

I know what he’s saying . We all know med sup and orginal medicare better care with no pre authorization . A Mercedes is more reliable that a pinto . So what people couldn’t afford the Benz . You act like people dieing in the street on mapd . I get zero complaints and I got some sick people on it .

I know what he’s saying . We all know med sup and orginal medicare better care with no pre authorization . A Mercedes is more reliable that a pinto . So what people couldn’t afford the Benz . You act like people dieing in the street on mapd . I get zero complaints and I got some sick people on it .

Its because they grew up on employer networks and ACA networks, with a copay structure. They don't know there is another side of the health care system once they T65 due to agents like you.

I understand low income must do mapd, and don't have the choice. Its the other middle income that do have a choice, but you allow them to take free free free stuff, vs making the harder sale that costs money and in their best health interest.

Its because they grew up on employer networks and ACA networks, with a copay structure. They don't know there is another side of the health care system once they T65 due to agents like you.

I understand low income must do mapd, and don't have the choice. Its the other middle income that do have a choice, but you allow them to take free free free stuff, vs making the harder sale that costs money and in their best health interest.
I've always said the only complaint you'll have about a Med Supp is the premium going up and that people love MAPD's......until they have to use them for anything serious.

I'm starting to look a little less unfavorably at MAPD's. I'll show both and let them make the choice. Since I believe in Med Supps, I'm sure I won't sell many MAPD'S.

I've had a few of my Med Supp clients ask me about MA, and as soon as I mention the network they quickly lose interest.

Yeah, and you are selling a lot of dual elegibles where Meddicaid is picking up the OOP costs for them.

Yeah, and you are selling a lot of dual elegibles where Meddicaid is picking up the OOP costs for them.

Your correct a T-65 is used to copays and coins and networks. But he’s giddy as some we’re paying $800-$2 k a month . I was looking at a few of my pdp’s I have . Looks like the Humana / Walmart double in price. About 60% of My business dual/lis . I sell a full hip with all mapd non lis / dual . Covers most of out of pocket at 1/5 the Price

Last edited:

I have two clients (that I am aware of) who elected to be treated at MD Anderson for cancer. Both had PPO group insurance before T65 . . . one was first diagnosed 3 or 4 years ago while on the group plan. Her PCP and oncologist suggested she seek treatment at Anderson due to the unique kind of cancer she had, and the aggressive nature.

Her last treatment at Anderson before retiring she discussed options with the billing office before discharge. They told her she would NOT be able to come back if she opted for an MA plan . . . so she told me she wanted Medicare and "the best Medigap plan" she could get.

Two more treatments, one late 2021 and another earlier this year at Anderson . . . no problem with Anderson and her bills were paid without a hitch.

Another client since 2018 (T65) was in good health until early 2021. Like my lady client, his docs suggested treatment at MD Anderson. He has no complaints about the treatment or the way his claims were handled. He recently referred a close friend to me (T65 November) who said he wanted the same plan Mike has.

As Yagents and Louis said, ask someone who is sick how well they like their plan.

I have several testimonies that are similar to these. If compiled into a book, each chapter would read the same.

It's like the old Visa commercials . . ." bring your Visa card because we don't take American Express" . . . and some hospitals don't take MAPD.

At one time I was constantly chasing sales and would take anything . . . including apps that only paid $10 per month.

I soon found out those policies don't stick and referrals were to folks who likewise did not have much money.

The same effort, or less, was required to write an app with a $300 premium as writing a $30 premium . . . but the $300 premium paid more and their friends (referrals) had no problem writing a check for $300 either. Persistency is much better with the $300 premium folks and it pays more.

It only took about 6 months to figure out I was hunting the wrong game.

Some people ride a freight train . . . others fly first class.

Last edited:
Back