Multi-Line Agencies....Looking Towards The Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I know that I haven't been on this forum posting in quite awhile for now, but I just wanted to thank all those who have taken the time to help me and many others like myself with the occasional question or being there to just bounce an idea off them.

I was actually looking very hard at Nationwide's opportunity that was offered to me, but apparently the wheels of war have got to be greased. My Marine unit with the 2/24 Division has been activated for OIF-II and for the next year or so I think that I will have plenty of time to ponder on my career in insurance while I'm gone.

I'll try to check in again to see what new is going on with the zero-premium scandal and get updated on all the latest gossip in our industry.

Thanks again for a great board to learn from and to help others with.

Good luck gents and happy selling!

Do what you can to stay out of harms way. The war is lost. It's Vietnam all over again (and I'm 60 and remember that era all too well.) Don't die or get injured for nothing. No one cares about Iraq and after 4 years if we have not won by now, we won't win in another four. I wish it were not so, but that's the truth. You are a Marine and are probably gung-ho. I knew many who were just that way... and who now have their name on a wall on the Mall in Washington DC. And they died for what? Back then it was 69,000 of the best and brightest of my generation. Now its almost 4,000 of yours. Again, for what?

Al

Do what you can to stay out of harms way. The war is lost. It's Vietnam all over again (and I'm 60 and remember that era all too well.) Don't die or get injured for nothing. No one cares about Iraq and after 4 years if we have not won by now, we won't win in another four. I wish it were not so, but that's the truth. You are a Marine and are probably gung-ho. I knew many who were just that way... and who now have their name on a wall on the Mall in Washington DC. And they died for what? Back then it was 69,000 of the best and brightest of my generation. Now its almost 4,000 of yours. Again, for what?

Al

You are pathetic. So what about them 6000 young people that died on our highways, last year, the year before that and so on, for what?

You are pathetic. So what about them 6000 young people that died on our highways, last year, the year before that and so on, for what?

If you want to run your car off a mountain, fine.

If you want to go to Iraq and get killed, fine.

You do it for personal reasons. There is no glory or meaning in either except for what the individual makes it. I agree with you completely. Being killed or maimed in Iraq or in an auto accident is the same.

If someone goes to Iraq because they see it as their duty, fine with me. But I think it is just a waste and I don't think too many people give a damn one way or another about Iraq... and 20 years from now those who lost their life in that war will have about the same meaning as those who were killed in Vietnam. People will say "For what?" I wish it were otherwise, but I don't see it happening. We have lost in Iraq just as we have lost in Vietnam. We had no business being in either place. We know that now about Vietnam. We will realize it later about Iraq.

Al

If you want to run your car off a mountain, fine.

If you want to go to Iraq and get killed, fine.

You do it for personal reasons. There is no glory or meaning in either except for what the individual makes it. I agree with you completely. Being killed or maimed in Iraq or in an auto accident is the same.

If someone goes to Iraq because they see it as their duty, fine with me. But I think it is just a waste and I don't think too many people give a damn one way or another about Iraq... and 20 years from now those who lost their life in that war will have about the same meaning as those who were killed in Vietnam. People will say "For what?" I wish it were otherwise, but I don't see it happening. We have lost in Iraq just as we have lost in Vietnam. We had no business being in either place. We know that now about Vietnam. We will realize it later about Iraq.

Al

Yea sure Al, and if it was a Democrat in office you would be screaming at anyone talking like you are now. Just like we seen your type all behind Clinton and Kosova while we bomb people at 30 thousand feet. Fact is Iraq is not Vietnam and your glory days are long gone, so don't tell soldiers today that your crap meant any more than it did 40 years ago, it didn't mean nothing then as it does now.

Al, this was neither the time or place for you to post your lib rant. If you want to do that, then start a new thread - I'm sure it will be a HOT topic. Show some class and respect.

Yea sure Al, and if it was a Democrat in office you would be screaming at anyone talking like you are now. Just like we seen your type all behind Clinton and Kosova while we bomb people at 30 thousand feet. Fact is Iraq is not Vietnam and your glory days are long gone, so don't tell soldiers today that your crap meant any more than it did 40 years ago, it didn't mean nothing then as it does now.

Well, up until the last Congressional election (06) I was a registered Republican (I wonder if that is public info in CA?) I had voted for Bush twice. I changed to 'independent' (in CA it is called "decline to state"). I first supported the war... because like everyone else (including Congress) I was fooled. I believed the intel that was presented about WMD, etc. I thought we could have another "Gulf war"... six months and out... very few deaths, etc. And I really did think we would be welcomed as liberators.

When I was 16 I was fooled by the intel back then, the Gulf of Tonkin "incident" and the so-called domino theory and the "yellow scare."

I'm obviously not that smart. But as Vietnam dragged on it finally dawned on the American people that it was a wasted effort. And as this war has dragged on, the same conclusion is being reached.

Those who go have to go for personal reasons. There is no way you can say with any seriousness that "the people" support this war anymore because almost half, if not more, don't... and I'm one of them.

I wish those who decide to go safe passage, but I would urge them NOT to go because the life they lose or the leg that is lost is in vain. It is for nothing, and that people care very little now and in twenty years everyone will say "Why did we go there?" just like we do about Vietnam. You tell me with a straight face the Vietnam was worth the lives of 69,000 young men. I dare you. Then tell me that Iraq is worth (or going to be worth) the lives of the almost 4,000 we've lost already... and probably another 4,000 until someone gets a clue and we 'bug out' as we did in Vietnam.

It's fine for you to support the war. Do what you think is right. But history, past and present is not on your side, I'm afraid.

Al

Al, this was neither the time or place for you to post your lib rant. If you want to do that, then start a new thread - I'm sure it will be a HOT topic. Show some class and respect.

Funny how you didn't chastise "James" as well. Just me.

From your mouth to God's ear, right?

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back