Must I or Musn't I? That is the question!

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
Took AHIP.

Am currently licensed with Aetna and UHC. Are either of them going to make me go to a face to face training (if there are any left to go to) before I can sell? I have a few T65 coming up, one leaving a group plan, and 3 or 4 that are ageing in in the next 6 months.

Mostly concentrating on Life Insurance and Med Supps.

Going to take the recertification exams this weekend. Was thinking about picking up BCBSGa, but I am not currently licensed with them. Don't know if, in the Atlanta market, it is worth the hassle.

I'm talking about MA, not Med Supp. Sorry, I did not clarify. I know UHC does not, neither does Aetna (both I'm currently licensed with). I was talking about the companies I'm not currently licensed with (Humana/Evil Empire).

I believe you will have to do a F2F if you have never been appointed with Humana especially for the HMOs I think I heard that there is a way to do it online but I am not positive. Some markets have deadlines for when it can be done by.

I have a friend who just went through his F2F and the last one was in October.

I believe you will have to do a F2F if you have never been appointed with Humana especially for the HMOs I think I heard that there is a way to do it online but I am not positive. Some markets have deadlines for when it can be done by.

I have a friend who just went through his F2F and the last one was in October.

I'm pretty sure Humana has taken that off the table now. No more f2f training.

(Un)fortunately, here in the Atlanta metro area for Medicare Advantage it's either: Humana, Aetna, UHC, Evil Empire or Kaiser Permanente. I was just going to stick with Aetna and UHC. Might pick up Humana if I have to.

Might differ by market because in FL you have to do an annual F2F with Aetna. I had to do one with humana 8 years ago. Like an all day one. But not sure about now

I have been told that the Humana F2F training isnt necessary anymore. I just got the certified to sell with Aetna, and there was not any F2F training that had to be done. However. Apparently my Aetna MAPD appointment expired back in may. I wasnt notified and neither was my upline. SO, back in August I did AHIP, and passed all the Aetna product training. Found out 3 weeks ago I wasnt certified to sell bc I wasnt appointed (and I had T65 people ready to sign). Thank God I found out before I submitted the apps, and would have lost all commissions.

Make sure you are appointed. Apparently they let you do all the product training before you ever get appointed.

Back