Must Sell Med Supps Over Phone!

I think he was speaking of the fact that your site is "temporarily unavailable".

Thanks! More concerned with helping one of my agents write a life app than finishing whatever I messed up on my domain when I was doing some stuff on it earlier. Glad you love it though, whether I impress you or not is TOP on my list of things to do each day.

New to the business. Focus - senior market med supps. I agree that face-to-face selling is better than over the phone. And I believe I would do well selling face-to-face. Unfortunately, there is NO MARKET for med supps in Massachusetts! I am licensed in OH, PA, & FL also, but was planning on starting in OH, over the phone.

Any ideas, thoughts, prayers?????

Prior to this week, with the introduction of Gerber Life, there really has not been a viable Med Supp solution here in Florida, so I feel your pain. There seems to be a $0 premium, popular plan option in every county in the state down here, and some of the highest Medicare Supplement premiums in the country. All of those combine to make it a limited market for high-priced Med Supps in Florida.

For that reason, I went to selling by phone in 26 other states. This provides an ample flow of opportunities from internet leads, etc..

Prior to this week, with the introduction of Gerber Life, there really has not been a viable Med Supp solution here in Florida, so I feel your pain. There seems to be a $0 premium, popular plan option in every county in the state down here, and some of the highest Medicare Supplement premiums in the country. All of those combine to make it a limited market for high-priced Med Supps in Florida.

For that reason, I went to selling by phone in 26 other states. This provides an ample flow of opportunities from internet leads, etc..

Thanks for your input, Daytona. Might I ask, what are you using for lead sources? Did you buy a list? Have you found seniors receptive to phone sales?
Thanks!

Hi Daytona Guy...I am in Fl..On the $0 premium plans do you make any money or how does that work? How will the $0 Premium compete with Gerber in FL? Thanks for your help.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Daytona Guy....RE:The $0 premium in FL do you make any money on those? Also How is Gerber in FL going to compete with $0 Premium in FL? I am new to Med Supp. Thanks in Advance. Any other Replys also welcomed on this. Thanks

Reason for question..Should I do Med Supps out of FL? I am licensed in other States. Thanks

Last edited:
I don't sell Medicare Advantage plans, so no, I don't get paid on those because I don't sell them. Yes, you should sell Med Supps in other states.

Hi Daytona Guy...I am in Fl..On the $0 premium plans do you make any money or how does that work? How will the $0 Premium compete with Gerber in FL? Thanks for your help.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Daytona Guy....RE:The $0 premium in FL do you make any money on those? Also How is Gerber in FL going to compete with $0 Premium in FL? I am new to Med Supp. Thanks in Advance. Any other Replys also welcomed on this. Thanks

Reason for question..Should I do Med Supps out of FL? I am licensed in other States. Thanks

Back