Mutual of Omaha Commission

I called M of O the other day and they said they were getting 8 - 10,000 apps a day. That would explain the delays in commissions and getting policies issued. Must be alot of people using their 12 month trial period going back to a Med supp.

Exactly. :wacko:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I called M of O this morning to see if they had received a med-supp. application I wrote 2 1/2 weeks ago....their closed for the holiday....er, what holiday? It's January 2nd!!! No wonder their running behind....what a joke!

Last edited:
General Motors retirees in Michigan,Ohio,& Indiana losing Coverage.

I called M of O the other day and they said they were getting 8 - 10,000 apps a day. That would explain the delays in commissions and getting policies issued. Must be alot of people using their 12 month trial period going back to a Med supp.

General Motors retirees in Michigan,Ohio,& Indiana losing Coverage.

Yeah...that could very well add to them being flooded with applications. Just odd that they would be closed today considering their dilemma. That's 6 out of the last 9 days they have been closed. Figure in tomorrow and Sunday and that makes 8 of 11 days closed.

I had a interview with MoO today and it went well. They told me that the average agent makes between 70k-90k there 1st year. Can anyone please tell me if I should go this route, I know MoO is a great company to work for becuase of the name reconition, but I am not sure if they will provide proper training. I have interview thru a lot of companies and having trouble which company to work for.

I am in precontract with them right now. Am suppose to sell so many policies within a certain time frame, an a bunch of other things. Then they will offer a full contract with Financial assistance with bonuses. I can't tell you what you should do, but I can tell you what my agency does. They didn't say a certain amount would be made a year, but they did tell me to work up a budget of what I need a year, then showed me what work would have to be done to attain that. I live fairly modestly and am around 50-60 a year.

I will be working out of an Agency in MN. I am very impressed with their training. Very good. A lot of the training has to do with the Agency your out of. You would think it would all be uniform but it isn't. This Agency uses the Wayne Cotton system. I like it a lot. They also keep on top of you. Want to see your activity, what are you doing to keep calls going. The only thing I receive from them as far as leads go is unassigned clients in my area. Not very impressed by that.

I will tell what I also don't like about it. They keep on top of you. I come from running my own business for the last 12 years. Not in insurance. I had my own schedule (for the most part). I DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE HOVERING OVER ME. I was/am a little overwhelmed by that. I'm taking it in stride right now.

I told them when I was interviewing that if any company was willing to work with me or hire me they would have to allow me work into it at a pace I felt comfortable. As I need my business to live on. I'm finding that they have there agenda and I have mine. If push comes to shove, I will drop out and go out on my own. I have a friend in my home town that as good as offered me a job on my terms, but his bread and butter is P&C, and I just do not want to go that route.

I haave had many people tell me this is a slow and grow business, You can make a living right away, but I wanted to get into it part time and work at it slowly, if your captive, they do not want to do that. Thats my experience. It all depends upon your situation.

Interesting

They seem to be the best prices medicare Supplement insurance in most zip codes

Medicare Supplement Insurance Information Website:
www.nationalmedicaresupplements.com

National Medicare Supplements
medicare supplemental insurance resource
Get answers about medigap plans in your state
Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes - Compare Plans Online
National Medicare Supplements
Medicare information, medicare supplement insurance plans resource, lean the new changes to medicare and medicare supplement insure. American Seniors insurance American Seniors - Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes

Last edited:
I wander where 21% comes from? If M of O offers a Supp with a 75% loss ratio, that doesn't leave much. Things must be bigger in Texas! :unsure:

Back