My Experience with Autodialer HealthLeadsNow.com, UPDATE.

The agent isn't the one fined if he has "purchased" a lead from another source - the source will be the one held liable.

The agent is making the call under the assumption that the lead client was contacted and "opted-in" to receive their call.

Tom

This is not true. The agent would be fined then the agent would have to turn around and sue the lead provider.

This is not true. The agent would be fined then the agent would have to turn around and sue the lead provider.

Are you sure? Personally, I don't find following the dnc rules to be that cumbersome, but if you can show that you bought a list from the person who is making the calls, my guess is the calling company would be held liable.

Doesn't mean you wouldn't be threatened.

Has there ever been a case were the agent was actually fined when they could show a reason to believe they were do not call compliant?

Personally, I would ban all robo-calls for telemarketing, but I don't think the agent would actually be fined in this example.

Dan

The initial call was by the lead vendor, then the lead was "sold" to the agent as a legit lead. The agent acted on this merit when calling the lead client as an opt in lead.

The lead company would be liable.

Only because I had to defend my lead company last year on a similar issue do I say this . . .

Unless you have some other documentation, I can only speak of my experience

Tom

Agreed. If that agent was just buying leads I don't "think" they'd be liable. However, if an agent is running a live telemarketing campaign they are directly liable.

Agreed. If that agent was just buying leads I don't "think" they'd be liable. However, if an agent is running a live telemarketing campaign they are directly liable.

The way the OP stated it was he purchased leads.

Even if he purchased live transfers, leads, etc - if the agent "purchased" those transfers, leads, etc from a vendor - then the agent was acting in good faith and the vendor would be liable since it was the vendor that initiated the process.

Ofcourse - this is just my opinion.

Tom

I'm sure in a real case both the agent and the vendor would be giving their "opinions" to a judge. No thanks.

I'm not in a financial position where I'm gonna play "who's to blame" on an $11,000 fine.

If it really came down to it and the case was filed I can all but guarantee the vendor would attempt to pass off liability.

Well, for all of the agents making residential calls or buying residential leads don't worry about it. Come Sept it's all over anyway.

Hmm, not really, 2 different things.
Robocalls are done in Sept (thankfully).
You can still telemarket, so you still need to be DNC compliant.

Dan

Back