My! How Things Change!

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Somebocday asked in 2008 which was the best FE company. This was Newby's anwer:

There are LOTS of them. Depends on what your definition of best is.

Best for uninsurable people...Presidential Life is guaranteed issue

Best for ease of selling...Americo has Palm and Windows Mobile quote software and easy issue with no phone call needed

Best commissions and renewals...I like Shenandoah and Americo but there are lots of others.

Best for overweight...Motorists and Monumental do not ask height and weight

Best for Smokers...Citizens Security doesn't ask about smoking

Best for Funeral Expense...Forethought pays the funeral home within 48-hours of death (no death certificate needed).

Best for lowest premium for healthy pure any of them would make the top cateeup...Continental Life of Brentwood, TN (what the hell are they thinking with that mess?!!!)

Lots of other good ones out there too.

Some of these companies are no longer in business and I am not sure any would make the top category today. I would be intertsted in what @Newby list would be today. :yes:

Best for ease of selling...Americo has Palm and Windows Mobile quote software and easy issue with no phone call needed

Best commissions and renewals...I like Shenandoah and Americo but there are lots of others.

Best for Funeral Expense...Forethought pays the funeral home within 48-hours of death (no death certificate needed).

Best for lowest premium for healthy pure any of them would make the top cateeup...Continental Life of Brentwood, TN (what the hell are they thinking with that mess?!!!)

Some of these companies are no longer in business and I am not sure any would make the top category today. I would be intertsted in what @Newby list would be today. :yes:

What was so great about those days was there was so much difference between the products. You could really study them and find the “unusual” underwriting niches.

Continental Life alone had 5-different FE products. Each one completely different. It was an amazing time.

We had to calculate rates with pen and paper and a calculator though. Americo and Settlers were the only two that had any type of a calculator software that worked on the PalmPilots. All the other companies you had to figure out with their rate cards and calculators. Until I created those real early calculators out of spreadsheets that worked on the PalmPilot. That was a game changer for me until ADAM invented the first version of FEXQuotes some years later which brought the whole industry into modern times.

What was so great about those days was there was so much difference between the products. You could really study them and find the “unusual” underwriting niches.

Continental Life alone had 5-different FE products. Each one completely different. It was an amazing time.

We had to calculate rates with pen and paper and a calculator though. Americo and Settlers were the only two that had any type of a calculator software that worked on the PalmPilots. All the other companies you had to figure out with their rate cards and calculators. Until I created those real early calculators out of spreadsheets that worked on the PalmPilot. That was a game changer for me until ADAM invented the first version of FEXQuotes some years later which brought the whole industry into modern times.

Ive had fex quotes 9 yrs . I pay $14.99 a month with locked in rate . It’s not fancy like tool kits but it does what I need it to . I’ll be honest it saves me 5-8 mins in a house people able to pivot CO’s in seconds and find many CO’s and prices .

Ive had fex quotes 9 yrs . I pay $14.99 a month with locked in rate . It’s not fancy like tool kits but it does what I need it to . I’ll be honest it saves me 5-8 mins in a house people able to pivot CO’s in seconds and find many CO’s and prices .
I like FexQuotes and had them for a long time at that same price.

Toolbox does FE and Med Supp. The main thing about Toolkit is the UW, saves a lot of time and guess work. It's the best tool in my kit. :yes:

Toolbox does FE and Med Supp. The main thing about Toolkit is the UW, saves a lot of time and guess work. It's the best tool in my kit. :yes:

After all these yrs I’m pretty good with underwriting . That’s one reason I like am am . Their the only company that lists problem meds at the end and asks if their for bad stuff . If the answers no they issue it . I’d say 30-40% of people forget to tell you about a drug or had one they used but no longer . Especially inhalers .

After all these yrs I’m pretty good with underwriting . That’s one reason I like am am . Their the only company that lists problem meds at the end and asks if their for bad stuff . If the answers no they issue it . I’d say 30-40% of people forget to tell you about a drug or had one they used but no longer . Especially inhalers .
I like to think I'm good with UW too, it's a little more complicated with Med Supps.

For years I kept up cheat sheets for FE and Med Supps. I got tired of updating and adding new carriers. I like not having to carry RX KO lists and height and weight charts. You list the meds, health conditions and height/weight and it tells you which carriers if any will take them (and the ones that won't it tells you why not)and how much the premium is.. On Med Supps, it'll calculate HHD and on FE it'll calculate riders. Also has a button to take you to each carrier's eapp. If you haven't tried it, you should. They have a free trial. I can't imagine not having it. I rarely use CSG anymore.

I also have had FEXquotes since about the beginning. They were awesome. Seems like they no longer reply to inquiries or changes. There was an issue a while back with Protective and I have tried to get them to add SON GI back on for CA. I mostly use them for term and gul now. I am thinking that those are updated by Compulife. I do like that they have the guides.

Toolbox works great for me. If they had more term and GULs.

I also have had FEXquotes since about the beginning. They were awesome. Seems like they no longer reply to inquiries or changes. There was an issue a while back with Protective and I have tried to get them to add SON GI back on for CA. I mostly use them for term and gul now. I am thinking that those are updated by Compulife. I do like that they have the guides.

Toolbox works great for me. If they had more term and GULs.

100% agree . Some of the quotes are incorrect and they didn’t put Aflac quotes on there for 2 months . I’m sure toolbox killing them .

I like to think I'm good with UW too, it's a little more complicated with Med Supps.

For years I kept up cheat sheets for FE and Med Supps. I got tired of updating and adding new carriers. I like not having to carry RX KO lists and height and weight charts. You list the meds, health conditions and height/weight and it tells you which carriers if any will take them (and the ones that won't it tells you why not)and how much the premium is.. On Med Supps, it'll calculate HHD and on FE it'll calculate riders. Also has a button to take you to each carrier's eapp. If you haven't tried it, you should. They have a free trial. I can't imagine not having it. I rarely use CSG anymore.

whats HHD? How’s the underwriting on med sups ? Is it accurate ? Do they have most carriers ?

Back