My nightmare started in June

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
For years I have bought TM leads and made a good living, but started working DM leads in March. Chose counties east of me and would move west. I was doing great until I started receiving leads from my neighboring county. The last 4 months I have been bitten by dogs twice and fended off many more attacks, been cussed out multiple times for no reason, had doors slammed in my face, been chewed out for door knocking and people threatening to call the police and even had several answer the door with a gun in hand. I tried calling and setting my own appointments and was not able to reach enough people to fill my schedule. Decided to door knock and my 2 days in the field turned into 4 12 hour days trying to reach these people. This was with a minimum order of 15 leads.

Hired an appointment setter about 4 weeks ago and she has only been able to set 14 so far. Sold 3 of those and 7 have been no shows. 2 appointments today and both no showed and I drove 2 hours to get there. She says these people are rude and my area is the toughest she has ever called. She also asked why so many 50 year olds. I just give her what I get.

I stopped the mailings to my neighboring county after 4 weeks, but still had many more come in. Sold enough to break even and still have about 100 leads we have not been able to contact, and that is with me knocking and her calling. My home county has been just as bad as far as sales. The returns have been low so at least I won't have as much money invested before I called it quits. It has been tough trying to survive this for 4 months.

To add to the misery in September the NSF, NT and lapses started. The last 6 apps I have issued with SNL were NSF. Ran some through twice. Rewrote a couple and still NSF. All I have written this month has gone towards debit balances. About got those covered so maybe I will get a deposit into my checking account soon.

I never had this problem with TM leads. Very little lapse or NSF if any. I knew the 2 counties I have talked about were tough because when I ordered TM leads from them I got few from my neighboring county and none from my home county. The problem with TM leads is data so you won't get as many as you would like too, but they don't cost near as much either. With DM leads I have had to spend much more time conserving business and my actual net profit is lower.

Stopped my mailings for now even though the counties to my west may have produced great results. I just couldn't take the chance. Going to work TM leads and AEP and decide how to proceed in January. Anybody want to work a "Hell on Earth" place for FE I will point you in the right direction.

I worked a debit with Liberty National for 13 years and really enjoyed it. Took a promotion into management, big mistake, and left 2 years later.

I worked a debit with Liberty National for 13 years and really enjoyed it. Took a promotion into management, big mistake, and left 2 years later.
by the time I found them they were out of the debit business , this was like 2006. Sometimes I wonder if torchmark looks back on that decision and thinks it might be a mistake

All United and reliable agents are under Kemper now. It was Unitrin until they changed to Kemper.
I know but I thought in certain states they still call it "reliable" or "united" under the kemper umbrella. sooner or later maybe get rid of those names totally, maybe

Did you work this area all your past years? Time to sell the estate and move to a fe goldmine.

Latest posts

Back