My Review of Listshack

Well, I did go out this morning and could not figure out why my truck would not move forward. Checked made sure it was in gear and then realized I was pressing the brake instead of the accelerator.. :goofy:

Better that than pushing the accelerator instead of the brake.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started using listshack. For one file in particular, I have counted 133 disconnected/wrong numbers(so far) out of 560 records, which is about 23%.

Not a good showing.

I just started using listshack. For one file in particular, I have counted 133 disconnected/wrong numbers(so far) out of 560 records, which is about 23%.

Not a good showing.

I'm sorry to hear about your disconnect rate; that certainly is a bit higher than usual. It can vary a bit by area and we do run updates roughly quarterly.

We do also offer the higher quality lists at a competitive, but higher price point. With the basic listshack plan you can get up to 50,000 records per month for $50 so for the price you can't beat it anywhere, but it certainly isn't the only option.

Feel free to reach out to me directly as well if there is anything you think I can help with. We can also credit you what you paid for your listshack subscription towards the more accurate lists if you wanted to go that route.

Not a good showing.

Greetings 85, you need a reality check my friend. I am working a list of 1MM+ value homeowners and I would say the disc rate is about 1:4 give or take, sometimes it is higher and other times much lower.

I have sheets with 33-35 names/add/# on them Excel Spread style without the boxes, I've even shown them via picture to josh so he knows I'm the real deal in terms of cold calling. And again not to toot my horn but go stick your head in the Cold Calling forum, I'm not hard to find.

On my lead sheets you might pass one where there are a lot of Disc/NA/Wrong# and perhaps not a single actual lead that I highlight with a yellow marker...but then the next page has 2-3 of them. So in 70 calls I have a lot of Disc but now I have 2 savvy homeowners with Homes worth $1MM-$5MM and the Dec pages show they are paying north of $10k-$15k a year...who is coming out on top vs who is whining over disconnect rates?

Best way to avoid disconnects would be to not make any phone calls.

20+ years of cold calling for a variety of different things, your post just reeks of laziness IMO. Great, 23% are Disc so what happened with the other 77%? Were you so downtrodden and feeling like someone took advantage of you that you couldn't focus on the ones that were working?

Guess what? Buyers are liars and when they fill paperwork out they like to put down numbers they know they will never answer unless forced to. Cell numbers come and go, many of these folks can barely pay their bills and sometimes that cell number has to go for a couple months...there are lots of reasons you have a high Disc rate but I would tell you that the number you put forth is normal. If it were 50% then I might worry.

-Your post hit a nerve with me, in fact many others like to post similar and they all wrap around the belly aching of making phone calls.

-Don't make phone calls, you're probably an ACE in person so go knock on doors, threads are devoted to it here and many have incredible success. The phone is not your sweet spot IMO(in my opinion).

Greetings 85, you need a reality check my friend. I am working a list of 1MM+ value homeowners and I would say the disc rate is about 1:4 give or take, sometimes it is higher and other times much lower.

I have sheets with 33-35 names/add/# on them Excel Spread style without the boxes, I've even shown them via picture to josh so he knows I'm the real deal in terms of cold calling. And again not to toot my horn but go stick your head in the Cold Calling forum, I'm not hard to find.

On my lead sheets you might pass one where there are a lot of Disc/NA/Wrong# and perhaps not a single actual lead that I highlight with a yellow marker...but then the next page has 2-3 of them. So in 70 calls I have a lot of Disc but now I have 2 savvy homeowners with Homes worth $1MM-$5MM and the Dec pages show they are paying north of $10k-$15k a year...who is coming out on top vs who is whining over disconnect rates?

20+ years of cold calling for a variety of different things, your post just reeks of laziness IMO. Great, 23% are Disc so what happened with the other 77%? Were you so downtrodden and feeling like someone took advantage of you that you couldn't focus on the ones that were working?

Guess what? Buyers are liars and when they fill paperwork out they like to put down numbers they know they will never answer unless forced to. Cell numbers come and go, many of these folks can barely pay their bills and sometimes that cell number has to go for a couple months...there are lots of reasons you have a high Disc rate but I would tell you that the number you put forth is normal. If it were 50% then I might worry.

-Your post hit a nerve with me, in fact many others like to post similar and they all wrap around the belly aching of making phone calls.

-Don't make phone calls, you're probably an ACE in person so go knock on doors, threads are devoted to it here and many have incredible success. The phone is not your sweet spot IMO(in my opinion).

Understand where you're coming from, but datalist services like Listshack shouldn't be less than 80% MAX. I am sure Josh is willing to help you out if you're getting a disparate number of wrong numbers etc. he's been pretty fair guy to deal with.

One thing to check also is when the vendor did their last data update for the area you're looking at. For more inexpensive resellers, that time will be longer than the larger companies who actually collect and sell the data as opposing to resell it i.e. brokers vs compilers.

Maybe using a higher quality more up to date list than looking for a bargain would result in a better connect rate.

And yes. I speak from experience.

Rather than a mediocre list for $50/mo, spend a bit more and get a better list. Even the guy with the unlimited lists offers better lists for much more money (I used to sell them for $20/K when he was selling the same lists for $69/K).

Rick

Back