My Website is Up!

He's mailing iPads with the site already in the browser.

Hey, let's clean it up here. I don't need to know what he is doing with feminine products or what kind of underwear he has.

Just that I send out direct mailers every month that will now have 3 ways to respond. Reply card, phone number or website that they can visit. I only send cards to turning 65 year olds.

In addition to the visual items already mentioned, if you are mailing to t65 easy to find buttons need to be prominent at the top of the page. The buttons need to be relevant to what they are looking for.

I don't think seniors are going to spend a lot of time there until you make it more visually appealing and "dumb down" the navigation.

Two suggestions since you are targeting seniors.

White background behind text.

Larger font than 10 pt

I knew there was something wrong with the color scheme and target market but I couldn't quite resolve it. You really saved me there.... its like when you are trying to remember someones name and its right there but you cant quite spit it out.

its like when you are trying to remember someones name and its right there but you cant quite spit it out.

I know what you mean.

I know Dave020 and have spoken to him on the phone several times, but for the life of me, I cannot remember his name.

I am pretty clueless in regards to anything about SEO.
I didn't pay for the site though, just the domain name. As long as I send out a monthly mailer (like I have been doing for the past 2 years) but now at .50/per piece instead of .40/per I get the website and they said search engine optimization. They said it would take a while but they will do certain things to get the site ranking up.

You are paying for the site by way of paying for the mailer piece.

It seems like they're just throwing around the term "search engine optimization". Again, the site looks good, but there isn't much about it that's going to be helping you from an SEO perspective because most of the content is generic Medicare content. If they want a crack at getting you action to the site they need to identify some vulnerable keywords and build out your content that way.

-There isn't much content
-Almost none of it is geographically specific
-The site isn't coded with the tags correctly

Take a look at your competition:
Google "florida Medicare" or "orlando Mediare". Those are the sites you'll be competing with in terms of content and on the back end these folks have spent thousands of dollars (if not more) building their sites out along with content and backlinks.

The site is probably going to help your direct mail (can't hurt), you need a site anyway, and I hope you do get a few apps a month out of it, but I think you may be paying jiffy lube to rotate your hubcaps.

You are paying for the site by way of paying for the mailer piece.

It seems like they're just throwing around the term "search engine optimization". Again, the site looks good, but there isn't much about it that's going to be helping you from an SEO perspective because most of the content is generic Medicare content. If they want a crack at getting you action to the site they need to identify some vulnerable keywords and build out your content that way.

-There isn't much content
-Almost none of it is geographically specific
-The site isn't coded with the tags correctly

Take a look at your competition:
Google "florida Medicare" or "orlando Mediare". Those are the sites you'll be competing with in terms of content and on the back end these folks have spent thousands of dollars (if not more) building their sites out along with content and backlinks.

The site is probably going to help your direct mail (can't hurt), you need a site anyway, and I hope you do get a few apps a month out of it, but I think you may be paying jiffy lube to rotate your hubcaps.

Yeah, I know I am paying for it with the extra amount in the mailer, I just meant that I didn't pay a flat fee in addition to it.

After reading through their website that offers some training on my site, it does say that I need to add meta tags and do off line and online stuff as you mentioned before.
The thing is, they don't know that I want mostly medicare driven traffic. I need to get the tags in their that will drive some traffic my way and change the site around some to get that message through.

I already added some tags like Medicare, medicare advantage and medicare supplement but that was only in the "about us" section. I don't know if I need to add it to every section.

I really need to read and watch more training to understand it a little more

The meta tags aren't a bad idea, but Google swears they don't look at them. If you want Medicare traffic, you need a lot of well written content about Medicare, ideally specific too your state/region. You add a pile of content to your site and then do some backlinking (which you probably have to pay someone to do) then you can start seeing some results, but that's what it's going to take just to sit at the table with the folks that are ranking already. That said, if you write stuff very specific to your area (in addition to other good content) then it's going to help you pick up terms like "Orlando UHC Medicare supplements" or things like that, things that don't get searched often, but do get searched for.

The meta tags aren't a bad idea, but Google swears they don't look at them. If you want Medicare traffic, you need a lot of well written content about Medicare, ideally specific too your state/region. You add a pile of content to your site and then do some backlinking (which you probably have to pay someone to do) then you can start seeing some results, but that's what it's going to take just to sit at the table with the folks that are ranking already. That said, if you write stuff very specific to your area (in addition to other good content) then it's going to help you pick up terms like "Orlando UHC Medicare supplements" or things like that, things that don't get searched often, but do get searched for.

Thanks, now I'm figuring out that I will have to go in and change a lot of content to really get it Medicare specific. You are right, its kinda generic info.
I went to this page Florida Medicare | Medicare Insurance Information for Florida and though I don't care for the design of the page, he does make sure that you know you are there to ask for info about medicare supplements or medicare advantage plans. Plain and simple.
He's also the first ranked when I typed "medicare orlando florida".

This is going to be more work than I thought :1frown:

Thanks, now I'm figuring out that I will have to go in and change a lot of content to really get it Medicare specific. You are right, its kinda generic info.
I went to this page Florida Medicare | Medicare Insurance Information for Florida and though I don't care for the design of the page, he does make sure that you know you are there to ask for info about medicare supplements or medicare advantage plans. Plain and simple.
He's also the first ranked when I typed "medicare orlando florida".

This is going to be more work than I thought :1frown:

Yeah - sadly SEO takes a lot of work. The page is good in that it is clear what you're after (getting them to sign up for Florida Medicare Insurance), but there's very little to explain why you're the BEST choice for Florida Medicare. SEO can help you bring traffic to the website, but you'll also want to add content as to WHY they should work with you too, so you can get some $$$ from all the SEO work you're doing on your website.

Hope that helps!

Chazm, find someone that will do your web site work for a reasonable rate and focus on selling insurance.

I've got a guy that helps me for $20 an hour that does basic editing when needed and fixes my meta tag thingys too.

Back