National Life Insurance Day

I’ve heard of that! That would actually be fantastic for debit sales. Who offers that? (I mean, what carrier?)

It used to be with American Amicable. Then, they decided it wasn't as much of a lost leader that they thought it would be. So, they started having the IMOs actually print out the policies and all that. I'm not positive, but I don't think that went over very well either. Of course, it was only designed to be free for a year. I'm not sure if AM AM still has that available or not.

It used to be with American Amicable. Then, they decided it wasn't as much of a lost leader that they thought it would be. So, they started having the IMOs actually print out the policies and all that. I'm not positive, but I don't think that went over very well either. Of course, it was only designed to be free for a year. I'm not sure if AM AM still has that available or not.
They were likely targeting the wrong market. An exec at a different carrier told me how he used to offer one year free accident policies when he was getting his former company set up overseas (I forget what country). They were targeting the growing working class family market, and he needed a way to get leads for the new agents he’d recruited. So, they set up some kind of display at gas stations, stores, etc., offering the free policy, then hand delivering it when issued. He said they wrote a LOT of life insurance that way. Like I said, I think it would work fantastic for my debit market, but I’m pretty sure AmAm wasn’t interested in that end of the business.

I wouldn't give it away even if it was free, if AmAm was involved. :no:

Back