Need Advice P&C - Georgia

slant555

Hi,

I am new to the forum and to P&C. My background is wireless and hospitality for the past 20 yrs. I have been in positions from retail associate, management, proprietor, director and executive levels.

Initially, I took the P&C course to be a CAT Adjuster in hopes of financial flexibility and no financial ceiling. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I realized on the first day of class that the course would allow me to take my agent's exam. After speaking with a few in class and through some insurance professionals in my network, I am starting to think that being an agent may be a better fit. I am leaning towards being an independent agent vs captive. There is a franchise company that I am looking into that seems to fit my needs. However, they are not opening in my state currently.

I passed my adjuster's exam and agent's exam last week. I was able to find bountiful amounts of great suggestions thus far on this forum. However, I wanted to ask for advice specific to my needs. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

* If you are familiar with CAT Adjusting, could you state the pros vs cons of that field vs being an agent? There seems to be little information out there that runs parallel to what I am learning in regards to CAT adjusting

* Any suggestions to an insurance company in GA that can provide proper training, earning, support for a new independent agent in training?

*Are there franchises to consider that can help with a novice like myself? The company I am looking at helps me focus on client acquisition while they handle the backend. I would like to learn the backend but I am not afraid to outsource what I am not experienced in.

Thanks!

I assume CAT adjusters has nothing to do with chiropractors that have feline patients.

Not a P&C guy. There is a P&C forum and you might get more love by posting there, and putting something about CAT adjusting in your title.

That being said, here are a few links that may or may not help. One more thing.

It appears you have little if any sales experience. Transitioning from what you have done to sales may be a shock to your system and bank account.

Here are the links.

3 Reasons to Become a Claims Adjuster

4 Reasons You Should Consider CAT Adjusting

CADO Classifieds - The Classifieds for Insurance Claims Adjusters

Thanks for the tip Somarco! I appreciate the links. I don’t know if this helps but my sales history is pretty broad. Ive done single transactions in the high hundreds of thousands, won several sales performance awards from every carrier I worked with and have a pretty decent sized network. After the p&c class, I’ve asked around and soon realized there are probably a lot of end users who don’t fully understand the ins and out of their insurance coverage. Therefore, if I chose that route, I like the independent agent model because you can provide options to a client and help them make the best decision based on their needs.

Back