Need an Auto-dialer Program Just to Check for Bad Numbers

joshtrico

I saw that a few threads have been posted on these forums before about auto-dialers, so I thought this message board was one of my best choices to post this on.

I have a large database of contacts, but many of the phone numbers are disconnected/ out of service. I would like to be able to run an auto-dialer program on a computer with a modem (NOT VOIP, just dial out from a modem; I have landline service so I don't need a VOIP subscription just for this task) that would just dial the list of numbers just to detect if it gets an out-of-service message or if the call goes through and is a good number. I've done a ton of searching around already, but every auto-dialer program I've encountered is a fancy expensive system that plays automated messages and routes calls to live telemarketers, etc.

All I want is a simple program that checks if a phone number is good or if it's a disconnected number, and let me know in the results log, and I don't want to pay an outlandish amount of money or go through a bunch of headache for something designed for professional telemarketing companies that does a lot more and is much more difficult to set up. Is there anything out there for my purposes?

Hopefully not.

Why? Because I hate it when my phone rings at home and nobody on the other end to talk to me. Personally, I figure if you don't want to waste your time, then you have no right to waste my time.

On top of that, if you dial the number, unless you have a written agreement with the person already, you legally have to be on the line to talk to them when they answer.

Besides, when I get telemarketing calls, I used to get them off the phone pretty quickly. Now, if I have the time (and I try to make the time), I play along for a while and see how long I can keep them on the phone. My goal is 20 minutes, I can usually make it if the caller is from India!!!

Now, here is the real solution anyway. Scrub the list against the DNC list, that will probably eliminate the majority of your contacts up front. Call the rest.

Dan

I'd be very surprised if there was, especially with you wanting to use the limitation of wanting to use your landline.

I believe SalesDialers.com will automatically log all of those and that's a whopping $99 (promo/affiliate code AML). I wouldn't call that outlandlish by any stretch, but I would check with them to make sure it can do it.

As Dan mentioned, if it's a consumer list you'll need it scrubbed against the DNC.

How big is the file and how much are you willing to pay for it?

Your carrier will not be happy with a 2 second ALOC... No carrier would.... So anyway if you have $600 I can build you an old style dialogic system with 4 lines non voip that can do the task. I stopped building those systems years ago but they are TDM based and have good detection. You can run it right out of your living space. Just plug a phone line in the back. It is an autodialer but not that advanced. I have taught novices how to use it.

Your carrier will not be happy with a 2 second ALOC... No carrier would.... So anyway if you have $600 I can build you an old style dialogic system with 4 lines non voip that can do the task. I stopped building those systems years ago but they are TDM based and have good detection. You can run it right out of your living space. Just plug a phone line in the back. It is an autodialer but not that advanced. I have taught novices how to use it.

Are you joking?

Good news: Technology has changed. Plenty of carriers will take that traffic, especially if you can blend it with some better traffic.

Cool that you've built those old machines though.

Josh said:
I'd be very surprised if there was, especially with you wanting to use the limitation of wanting to use your landline.

I believe SalesDialers.com will automatically log all of those and that's a whopping $99 (promo/affiliate code AML). I wouldn't call that outlandlish by any stretch, but I would check with them to make sure it can do it.

As Dan mentioned, if it's a consumer list you'll need it scrubbed against the DNC.

How big is the file and how much are you willing to pay for it?

Does Salesdialer or Callfire automatically scrub phone lists?

Does Salesdialer or Callfire automatically scrub phone lists?

SalesDialers.com does not. Callfire mentions DNC compliance on their site, but it doesn't appear they get into specifics. I would suspect it's just an abandonment meter, but it could do the scrubbing.

As Tins mentions, I do scrub lists as I sell them. That's also a functionality in the dialer I offer. The system will scrub against any other suppression list including any DNC file.

Back