Need Help with My Cold Calling Script

My cold calling so far has gotten me 20% voicemail (and I have left no messages, just kept dialing), 9% reached, 0% interested, from about 200 dials.

You need to make many more dials to begin to see any trends...If I am reading your stats right you have only spoken to 18 people. Keep that in mind you have only spoken with 18 people and in the begining we suck so it takes talking to more people get get those appointments.

Would like a door knocker script for med sups! I have a couple of lists and am ready to start working them. Am new to the Medicare arena thanks!

No reason, thought that was the least eXpensive way to reach people. Have cold called businesses for reg health for years but am not liking the climate so thought that I would make a lateral move!

----------

What are your ideas for real marketing? Direct mail? Seminars?

I would be interested in the response to what "real marketing" is, too.

I was given a list by my manager because the ones I bought were yielding so few actual conversations. I ended up reaching people, getting some practice with the script, and getting a few appointments. Then I took people on the list with no phone numbers in the same area as an appointment, and knocked on their doors. Got more meetings spontaneously at the door that way.

Now I'm doorknocking from this list. Not door-to-door hoping that the random person on the other side might be interested in what I first offer, then offer something else, and something else, but specifically go to them for what they were on the list for -- turning 65 in the fall, talk about Med Supps.

I'm finding that I'm actually getting somewhere, and expecting that the follow-up appointments will yield sales.

I would be interested in the response to what "real marketing" is, too.

I was given a list by my manager because the ones I bought were yielding so few actual conversations. I ended up reaching people, getting some practice with the script, and getting a few appointments. Then I took people on the list with no phone numbers in the same area as an appointment, and knocked on their doors. Got more meetings spontaneously at the door that way.

Now I'm doorknocking from this list. Not door-to-door hoping that the random person on the other side might be interested in what I first offer, then offer something else, and something else, but specifically go to them for what they were on the list for -- turning 65 in the fall, talk about Med Supps.

I'm finding that I'm actually getting somewhere, and expecting that the follow-up appointments will yield sales.

So you have noticed that door knocking gets you a warmer approach than cold calling? I'm going to start door knocking on Monday and was looking to see what people's experiences have been with door knocking vs cold calling. I cold call but I feel like I'm going nowhere with it. It's totally due to my inexperience but I would like to begin to see some results.

Last edited:
Definitely a warm reception, especially if you say what you are there for right up front. "Hello Mr. Smith?" wary yes Hi, I'm so-and-so from ------. (name recognition of company they know it's about insurance) I was in the area meeting with a client about his Medicare Supplement policy and wanted to talk to other folks turning 65 in the fall. Have you had a chance to look at your Medicare Supplement yet?"

The people are friendly, nice, asking questions, and generally pretty open to an actual human being to talk to. They have had phone calls and letters, and have called Medicare, which is as much a nightmare as you would think.

Even when I was doorknocking for life insurance a couple of weeks ago, going up one side of a street and down the other, people who answered were much nicer than you would think. If they aren't interested, or it's a bad time, they'll tell you. Just be direct, and friendly, and they will be, too.

At least I was finding I was talking to more people than if I just dialed all day long, not reaching anyone. It's more time-consuming, and you obviously won't hit nearly as many as you do dialing, but the end result was I talked to about the same or more people, and the ones I talked to I actually got some info on them, and learned what questions the interested ones ask, was able to improve my spiel, and had a couple of prospects from those I talked to. And the ones that aren't prospects now, you have their name, you've made contact with them, and you can always call them in a couple of months for something else, saying you remembered them and that they had two kids, had they thought about how those kids were going to be taken care of if they had an accident? Well, I have a great disability policy I can give you more information about......

Back