Need Help with My Cold Calling Script

Is cold calling gives you enough customers. Can I know the normal turnout on these cold calls into business.

If you are going to do cold calling. Be sure and use a predictive dialer. Saves you a lot of time. You can do a search on this forum and find out more info on them.

Yes, I recommend Warner start the IPCIIA and Mark, you can start the ILIAA. But you better hurry or Marker77 will beat you to it. For $20/mo. he'll set you up on how to sell life over the phone. And for that $20, he'll tell you how to get you acceptance rates to 70%.

My ideas/systems and training are alway going to be free to anyone. I'm just glad that some people can use them and find them useful. I love helping people on the forum. Also no one can complain about free help or training.

But if someone wants to send me a monthly check for my help, I will not stop you. But you don't have to.

Well Mark, it looks like someone else ran with the idea. They even took the name.

Nick, I should have a complimentary membership.:biggrin:

So, forgive me for dredging up an old thread, but when I saw the 10/3/1 ratio, my heart sank because I would LOVE to be hitting that!! Then, I saw that Tim from Warner Insurance was getting about 17% reached, and still only 1 buyer from that.
So, while they say that cold calling is what you need to do to start your business until you build a client base to get referrals from, how can you get to that 10/3/1 ratio from cold calling?
I ordered 1000 mailouts and have been told to expect a 3% response, and from that maybe get a third to set appointments for another third to close, coming out to about 3 clients per 1000 mailouts.
My cold calling so far has gotten me 20% voicemail (and I have left no messages, just kept dialing), 9% reached, 0% interested, from about 200 dials.
I guess my question is, is that 10/3/1 ratio really true, or something we're told from managers to keep us dialing?

I would say its true... I hate cold calling but when I do I get good numbers in fact the other day I made 20 dials.. yep 20! Spoke to 8 people and quoted 2.. did not sell but I am guessing had I made 100 dial I would have spoken to 40 people and sold 4...

How is your approach? Little tweaks with your first couple sentences can make a huge difference in your ratios.

"did not sell but I am guessing had I made 100 dial I would have spoken to 40 people and sold 4..."
100 dials and speak to 40 people? That is rare if not impossible (unless you're calling businesses).

So, forgive me for dredging up an old thread, but when I saw the 10/3/1 ratio, my heart sank because I would LOVE to be hitting that!! Then, I saw that Tim from Warner Insurance was getting about 17% reached, and still only 1 buyer from that.
So, while they say that cold calling is what you need to do to start your business until you build a client base to get referrals from, how can you get to that 10/3/1 ratio from cold calling?
I ordered 1000 mailouts and have been told to expect a 3% response, and from that maybe get a third to set appointments for another third to close, coming out to about 3 clients per 1000 mailouts.
My cold calling so far has gotten me 20% voicemail (and I have left no messages, just kept dialing), 9% reached, 0% interested, from about 200 dials.
I guess my question is, is that 10/3/1 ratio really true, or something we're told from managers to keep us dialing?

That is not what 10/3/1 is. It has nothing to do with cold calling.

As I recall, 10 appointments leads to 3 open cases leads to 1 deal.

That is not what 10/3/1 is. It has nothing to do with cold calling.

As I recall, 10 appointments leads to 3 open cases leads to 1 deal.

For every 10 qualified and referred leads you reach on the phone, 50% will agree to meet with you, 3 of the original ten will complete a fact finder, and 1 will buy over a three year period. Has nothing to do with cold call ratios.

For every 10 qualified and referred leads you reach on the phone, 50% will agree to meet with you, 3 of the original ten will complete a fact finder, and 1 will buy over a three year period. Has nothing to do with cold call ratios.

Thanks. I knew it wasn't quite right.

Back