Need help with Transamerica

Fisher

Guru
1000 Post Club
GA
Definitely a long shot, but does anyone have documentation from Transamerica stating that they no longer - as of 9/2020 - are writing new med supp business?

I have a 12-month trial right GI app sitting at Medico and the underwriter is demanding proof from ONLY Trans that they are out of the market and therefore the applicant cannot go back to his old med supp. Underwriting will not accept the 3rd-party information I provided. I even tried common sense and told them, "Look, you guys are in the same market. You know damn well that an ex-competitor is not offering this product." Didn't work.

I'll try Trans tomorrow but I fully anticipate a huge time-sucking rabbit hole with that endeavor and if I can avoid it that'd be great!

Sadly! They are really hard to deal with.
the State you work in or with might offer some help?

Definitely a long shot, but does anyone have documentation from Transamerica stating that they no longer - as of 9/2020 - are writing new med supp business?

I have a 12-month trial right GI app sitting at Medico and the underwriter is demanding proof from ONLY Trans that they are out of the market and therefore the applicant cannot go back to his old med supp. Underwriting will not accept the 3rd-party information I provided. I even tried common sense and told them, "Look, you guys are in the same market. You know damn well that an ex-competitor is not offering this product." Didn't work.

I'll try Trans tomorrow but I fully anticipate a huge time-sucking rabbit hole with that endeavor and if I can avoid it that'd be great!
Tranny would.ve (should've) sent a letter to the agents saying they weren't accepting new applications after a certain date. That's the way I've seen every other company do it, but I've never dealt with Tranny.

Tranny would.ve (should've) sent a letter to the agents saying they weren't accepting new applications after a certain date. That's the way I've seen every other company do it, but I've never dealt with Tranny.

You've dodged a headache, count yourself blessed. :yes:

They are the company that just keeps giving. Always asking for advice from their agent force... never taking any!!!! :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

I have Tranny PTSD! :twitchy:

:wub:Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. :wub:

All I can tell you is that it took me forever to get a FE policy issued by them a while back, and for no good reason that I could find. They'd say that the interview was set up, then the interview company would say they don't have the info, etc. I'm glad they accepted the guy when others wouldn't, but it just seemed to take a lot longer than it needed to. I lost count of how many different agent websites they have.

Back