Netquote Anyone

Just cancelled my account with netquote. The leads were bad. The netquote university is a joke, however I didn't throw away but 180.00. I would stay clear if I were you.:nah:

Netquote was the proud owner of a lead this week for me that claimed to have filled out a form for a free dell laptop!

My contact rate with them over the last 7 days since I migrated to leads360 has been 22.2%, which is within an acceptable rate. Honestly I can't complain about any vendors over the last week or so, had a pleasant amount of good leads last couple days. Just wait in like 2 months or so I'll have very very good data for lead vendors. I think its possibly poor form to judge it until its aged about a month and you see which policy applications actually stuck.

Out of 46 leads I quoted 16 of them, my gut says 8 of those will actually buy, and that's in last 7 days. 5 policies sold already.

3 confirmed bad out of 15 with netquote in the last week, 1 sale, 1 quote still waiting response on. Even a 1:12 ratio is fine on 8 dollar leads.

I think a lot of the problem is people buying leads that couldn't sell water in the desert because they couldn't explain how it worked. I had that issue the first time I tried internet leads btw, I thought insureme was the problem and frankly looking back on it, I was the problem, I lacked the proper product knowledge and contact strategy to be effective on internet leads.

I do notice, FYI, their health leads are not as good as their medicare leads because the filters on health suck. I buy medicare with them over a much larger radius, and health over 3 counties only. I struggle seeing the point in paying 8 dollars for a 20 year old girl with 3 or 4 surgeries in the last 2 years who just fell off medicaid that is having a hard time choosing between a 2500 deductible at $94 and a 5000 deductible at $76.

I do think I am going to re-cancel their health leads, just because the commissions pale compared to the leads I get from other vendors and leave their pre-existing and medicare leads up. Just the lack of filters dicks up the whole process. I told them such a couple times now.

Oh, and their life leads suck, don't touch those with a 20 foot pole.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Another piece of advise people.. You have to report bad leads to achieve a decent return on investment. If you just call them 1 time and never report a bad lead you will lose a fortune. Call 4 times over a week, send an email each time you call, and leave messages. If they never respond or answer claim the lead as bad. Sometimes you will lose the dispute, but the chances are if you called 4 times, emailed 4 or 5 over 7 days, left messages and never got a response, they aren't going to answer the phone for the lead company either.

The rep from netquote told me in the instance that what I described above happens, to report them as survey leads. They have been crediting them. Although, they seem to be very helpful now that I've spent like 1000 dollars with them in the last 4 months.

Also, use whitepages.com or any other reverse phone lookup. If the phone number is not registered in the right town, and it doesn't answer when called, report it as bad.

If you don't achieve a decent ROI on leads either your product knowledge is not at the right level yet, or you are failing to work the leads.

And by work I do mean call more than once. Call 48 hours after you send quotes. Call after they get the policy in hand. Answer the phone when they call you. Answer emails and questions when they send them. The leads are not going to jump up, sell themself a policy off your norvax site and fly into your bank account and stay in your book forever.

Last edited:
I get their aged leads for free from AHCP, they're no better or worse than any other aged leads I get.

Attrition will make internet leads attractive for a certain period of time. I can absolutely confirm that only a fraction agents are now coming into the field and as current agents either fail or choose another line there will be less and less competition on shared leads.

i am currently trying to negotiate my way out of a $641 lead charge with Netquote( that was for only one month) they increased the radius/coverage area and the floodgate of leads came in. I would not have minded paying if I were able to convert them to a sales. Fact of the matter is, I usually pay $80, $100..the most $200 for the month.......but this is ridiculous . Any advice on how I can get them to take off at least $250 off that tab.......:1arghh:

Back