New Age Therapy Makes Clients Uninsurable

She hadn't revealed the therapy to me. She said she took no meds.

I can relate to that. I do envy the guys that do it all on the phone.

These people always amaze me how they "forget" to tell me about the thing most likely to get them a decline until the very end.

I wonder how the complete metabolic testing is going with MoO ?

I can relate to that. I do envy the guys that do it all on the phone.

These people always amaze me how they "forget" to tell me about the thing most likely to get them a decline until the very end.

I wonder how the complete metabolic testing is going with MoO ?

the CMP is no big deal.
most people get a CMP when they get blood work done for their annual physicals anyway.

Lol. This is why the speed dating approach to LTCi is so much better. It's so much easier not going on appointments, and just doing everything over the phone in 7 minutes or less. I would be ticked off to carve out 3-4 hours in my day to get blindsided. I like the consumers that tell you they are on no meds. Then, the more questions you ask, you learn they used to be prescribed all kinds of meds for hbp, chronic fatigue, diabetes but "doctors are all quacks" so they stopped taking meds. Yayy, they are not on meds.... Whoohooo.....(Declined for non compliance) :)

I like the "non-compliance" case where the guy did the sleep study...was told to wear the CPAP device....and he said "no way". Thankfully, MOO asks specifically about that on their ap....so they must have seen it a lot too.

Genworth said they would consider the client as long as there are no respiratory issues. There aren't.

Haven't been here in a while and was just reading through this thread. So, I'm curious... Did she get approved?

It sounded to me like the client wasn't being forthcoming. Did I read it wrong or did you say she sees a psychiatrist for a rash??? I think you might mean Physiatrist, not psychiatrist, no? That would make it all make sense. Was this treatment covered by her insurance or was she paying out of pocket?

She saw a psychiatrist, a mental health MD, for a rash; he is the same doc who prescribed the EWO therapy. Strange but true. Someone earlier had her pegged when he predicted this client would be more problems than it's worth. Although Genworth said they would take her application, she never re-applied. She also cancelled the Med Supp policy I sold her in order to get a more expensive policy with another company (not through me) because her friends said MOO is the best in the area.
Earlier, when the paramed nurse came to do the LTC paramed, they had her sit in an antique chair which broke. The nurse was embarrassed and offered to pay for the chair. The client asked me to trace her and I told them it would be better to drop the matter. Shortly after that is when she dropped the Med Supp policy and dropped me as her agent.

Back