New Agency In New York

mandoo500

Hello Everyone,
Our company is originally a service company for Accountants and Attorneys for setting up new entities with Department of State across the 50 states. We've been in business for over 10 years and thought that it would be a good idea to offer p&c insurance to our client's clients to broaden our services. I received by L&H license about 2 years ago and currently affiliated with AXA Financial. I also hold P&C license which I obtained in March of this year. I can support the P&C overhead cost with the income that comes in from the current business, however, there are couple of things that I am having trouble getting through with.

1. I have E&O for L&H with Calsurance but they can't add my P&C because I've been licensed less than 3 years.
2. I was trained for L&H at AXA but have absolute minimal experience in P&C.
3. Since I'm newly licensed, I can't seem to find a direct line and have to be connected to a General Agent who always gives quotes from the same insurance company.

My questions are as follows:

1. Where in the world am I supposed to get a LEGIT E&O coverage? (I've seen posts where agents obtained coverage from UnitedDefendCo & E&Oforless for a ridiculously small premium, but I hesitate to buy insurance from such sites)

2. Should I join an association in order to get more support and training on P&C insurance? If not, what can I do to get more info on the type of questions/information to ask for various commercial insurances?

3. I may have not been sufficiently thorough...but does anyone know of an insurance company that would offer a direct line to newbies like me?

4. I currently only offer CGL, WC, DBL, & HOME through by P&C...do you think it's necessary to offer AUTO as well?

Your input will be greatly appreciated...

you and I should speak.. I have a few ways that you can build your p and c biz and since i dont sell it, it might make sense to talk

Back