New Agent at BLC Any Tips?

I'm a new agent working with Bankers Life and Casualty. Does anyone have any advice?

Seriously, as soon as you get your license, RUN. Many of us got our start there and left before they ruined us like they do the vast majority of agents that get started there. Hopefully, you'll be in the minority. There are some good people here on this board who can show you the right way to make it in this business. BLC pays their managers based on how many agents they sign up, not so much on how many that stay.

Don't listen to your manager or trainers, study any/all outside information you can get your hands on, do not screw over old people, do not try to scare them into a sale, be a stand up guy/gal. Find a real career path as soon as possible.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the advice. My wife worked for them a few years ago, she had a great experience with them. She only left because she had a baby. I'm not going to lie I'm a little shocked at the disdain everyone has for the company. Is it due to shady practices by agents? Or the company itself? So far I have felt that I have the full support of Management in my career development. What should I be worried about. Thank you guys for your input

Thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the advice. My wife worked for them a few years ago, she had a great experience with them. She only left because she had a baby. I'm not going to lie I'm a little shocked at the disdain everyone has for the company. Is it due to shady practices by agents? Or the company itself? So far I have felt that I have the full support of Management in my career development. What should I be worried about. Thank you guys for your input

It's everything my friend, just Google Bankers Life. See all the Ripoff Report and Reviews. I can't tell you how many agents come to me telling me how bad and shady it is. Here just compare the program I am on with yours and you will see.
I am on 100% commission level getting 15 leads a week.
The leads are direct mail, exclusive and they were filled out 6-9 days ago.
They only cost me $26 a lead. I have full training and support 24/7, that's all FREE!
Not to mention they recruit for me, they just send me agents for me to build my own agency. That is my goal is to create an agency where I can just manage my own agency.
That's the program I am on. If there are any better please let me know, because I have gone through NNA, Lincoln Financial, and all those other IMO's out there.
I finally found one that works for me.
I hope you find the same for you!

That was a pretty rude thing to say. - I am new to insurance but definitely not new to sales. - To rebuttal your training remarks, BLC was ranked 88th in training. That is much better than some companies I have worked for in the past. Not to mention our branch manager came from the #1 office in the company. That being said I am not going out there looking to lie or misguide any client, nor would I allow a fellow agent to push me in that direction. - Now that we have established the fact that I'm not going anywhere, if anyone has some other type of advice I would appreciate it. (Web resources, seminars, or anything else I can read and/or participate in)

Back