New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers

The main question I have is, are you planning on opening an office with either of them? Or, are you just looking for training? To open an office with Allstate will take a hefty financial commitment -I believe around $50K - to get an office open. Farmers is just the opposite. It seems to me that would be the biggest concern. Especially if ya don't have an extra $50K sitting around.

The main question I have is, are you planning on opening an office with either of them? Or, are you just looking for training? To open an office with Allstate will take a hefty financial commitment -I believe around $50K - to get an office open. Farmers is just the opposite. It seems to me that would be the biggest concern. Especially if ya don't have an extra $50K sitting around.
Yeah...for the training. I eventually want to go the independent route.

Yeah...for the training. I eventually want to go the independent route.

I've done both, but a long time ago for Farmers. But process has not changed from my contacts at Farmers.

1 Farmers agency, 2 Allstate agencies. I'd take Allstate personally. $50k to start an Allstate agency? what part of the country is that in?

Either way, I'd contact Farmers/Allstate agents in your area & see who the Good Agency manger is. He/she can make your life a lot easier if they are one of the good ones. If not, you will be miserable IMO.

If you'd like more info, give me a call or send an email. Personally if I'm a newbie, I'll take the captive route to start vs IA for a P&C Agency.

Others may vary but I've done it 3 times in 3 different states.:yes:

That IS the Allstate requirement for the Texas market. Before I started down the road to independent status I called Farmers, Allstate , State Farm and Nationwide recruiting staff and got all the dirt.

Bob Klee it's been a while since you left the company. That is what they are looking for 50k liquid money. Most new agents will spend that money in the first two years on marketing to get new business in the door.

So for all of us that are new and considering Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, Nationwide, etc.... At the end of the day... which is the best company P & C company to go work for?... A) with the plan to stay captive
B) with the plan to go Indy

So for all of us that are new and considering Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, Nationwide, etc.... At the end of the day... which is the best company P & C company to go work for?... A) with the plan to stay captive

How about.........NONE of the above, go start working in an IA agency, find a somewhat older principal, and maybe you can buy it out in a couple years

How about Nationwide, Country Companies, Shelter, etc.? I really don't know much about these. I just no to Farmers, no to Allstate, and no to SF.

Back