New agent with Final Expense questions

Rakeon

I just got my life and health license a couple of months ago.The agency thst I am working for wants me to specialize in final expense.

I feel like there does not seem like there is much money to be made working solely in final expense.The sales seem very hard to make, as opposed to medigap or advantage plans.

It is easy for someone to find the need for healthcare coverage, but forcing people to deal with thinking of their mortality seems harder. Who are the most consistantly low cost companies for me to be appointed with?

How do I do sales without being heavy handed or high pressure tactics?I am appointed with senior life and they feel like a pyramid scheme rolled into an agency where the only ones making money are the management above you, they are more expensive and all of their instructions are high pressure tactics.

They even suggest buying a newspaper for the town you are selling in and whipping out the obituary on clients and saying all of these people are dead if i saw them a few weeks ago maybe i could have helped them the way i am trying to help you.

In no way do i feel comfortable doing that.I also have appointment with gerber,snpj,and mutual of omaha.

How do I make a living in this field?Good leads source?How do you handle a cold call?

It seems to me that FE would be much easier to sell as a cross sale off of medigap than to purely market it alone.

Please have a heart and don't troll me (i see some trolling on these forums) as I legitimately need help.The agency I work for is newly moving into the FE market so there is not a lot of experience to draw on.

I will gladly accept all help be it techniques,low rate companies to contract with,anything.

I am focusing here because it is where my employer wants me focusing, and as I do not own the agency it isn't really my call to make.

I have a question and I don't know a polite way to ask it..is it common for say a lot of these potential clients off of leads etc to be in bad inner city areas? I swear from the outside you would have sworn this one house with 5 apartments inside was a crack house.

I also ran into someone who when I door knocked I was told he was "working" in an alley, and his work appeared to be selling drugs.

Like is your typical final expense client bad off socioeconomically?I ran into people that don't have check books on multiple occasions.

I am focusing here because it is where my employer wants me focusing, and as I do not own the agency it isn't really my call to make.

I have a question and I don't know a polite way to ask it..is it common for say a lot of these potential clients off of leads etc to be in bad inner city areas? I swear from the outside you would have sworn this one house with 5 apartments inside was a crack house.

I also ran into someone who when I door knocked I was told he was "working" in an alley, and his work appeared to be selling drugs.

Like is your typical final expense client bad off socioeconomically?I ran into people that don't have check books on multiple occasions.

Welcome to final expense face to face sales. What you encountered were the easy parts of the job.

That's your market. There are other FMO's where you can sell what you want to(Med Supps/MA). If you're an Independent Agent, YOU tell them what you'll be selling. :yes:

Were the drugs any good?:huh:

Back