New Americo Eagle smokers as non smokers a waste of time!!

Plenty of options with predictable underwriting couldn’t ask for a more unpredictable product then up

The best definition of prosperity that says “do you smoke cigarettes”

Everything else is fair game

Were the people actually planning to quit smoking?

Did you check the smokng rate for the low price companies? The smokng rate is usually lower or as low as Americo Eagle’s non-smoking rate anyway. KSKJ, Lifeshield and Standard Life would all be in that range. And no time bomb down the road.

And one of the arguments against non-medical GUL is "if the client misses a payment there is no cash values to APL". So, how much cash values would be in a 3 year old Standard Life or KSKJ policy vs having to start over. OK, somebody is going to say "just write the $8,000 they lost". Come on, some agent is not going to rewrite the whole thing?

And one of the arguments against non-medical GUL is "if the client misses a payment there is no cash values to APL". So, how much cash values would be in a 3 year old Standard Life or KSKJ policy vs having to start over. OK, somebody is going to say "just write the $8,000 they lost". Come on, some agent is not going to rewrite the whole thing?[/QUOTE]
And, both of those scenarios assume the client is still insurable at the end of three years..

OK, somebody is going to say "just write the $8,000 they lost". Come on, some agent is not going to rewrite the whole thing?

One thing I get with the DM card FE people is that many of them want more coverage, but they do not want two payments coming out. I had a woman two weeks ago who has a 10K Trans policy that is four years old. She wanted to cancel it and get one policy for $25K. I convinced her that she would be better off keeping the Trans and adding a separate $15K policy (out of contestability, lower price for that $10K than she will pay to replace, etc.).

This week she called and asked me how to cancel the old Trans and get $25K with the company I placed her with! I was in her building visiting another prospect so I stopped by to see her and explained again why she should keep both.

If she sends another card back and someone else shows up, I'm sure she will be easily sold on cancelling both of her policies and replacing them with one for $25K ... and probably will not mark the new app as a replacement.

All that being said, I would be hard pressed not to replace the entire Americo policy when the time comes under this scheme. I just think this is really a gimmick, and not at all in the proposed insured's best interest.

I hope the first time one of these Americo policies actually pays out during the contestability period someone comes here to tell us (and vice versa - I hope we hear about all those cases were the smoker got a non-smoker rate and the company finds a reason not to pay a two year or less death claim.

I never got that one either, even from the not necessarily FE crowd. Other than business accounts, I'm not aware of any bank that charges a fee per transaction, and even then most only care about checks and cash deposits.

Back