New Era App Oddities

WCMason

Guru
1000 Post Club
Replaced a New Era today. OE case, current agent got greedy and put the guy in F for an annual premium almost $400 more than G

I saw the NE policy and on the attached application the health authorization form was completed, primary care doc information included, and there was a page describing their Galaxy PPO network that helps them keep their med supp premiums lower.

Again, this on an OE application. I've never seen these things with any other carrier. Can they require release of health info on an OE beneficiary?

I don't think I have ever used one of their paper apps but the e-app won't let you advance without filling all the blanks.

Their application is simple and e-app looks just like the paper app. Makes it simple unlike most of the other carriers.

They do ask for PCP name and address but never contact them. Also require HIPAA release to be e-signed.

Only thing blanked out are the health questions if it is initial enrollment or GI. They do ask the tobacco question but give non-tob rate when applying during initial enrollment.

The Galaxy network crap comes up from time to time and confuses clients. Same for the drug discount card.

Wish they wouldn't do that but it's another revenue source for them.

They do a good job of managing their block. Rate increases have been among the lowest of anyone over the last 6 years.

Back