New Licensed Producer, whats next?

How do I find such group? I don't even know where to start since I don't want to return to that pyramid scheme group that I left.
If your interests lean to the financial side of things then annuities is probably the primary market that you can delve into with your current licenses. Note that you will need to satisfy some Continuing Ed requirements that are specific to selling annuities. Research and pick a few top carriers that you'd like to offer and see if you can contract directly with them or if they can recommend a middle-man (FMO, IMO, etc.) to work with. Many carrier websites have a field agent section that you can visit and get info on.

More importantly - are you in a position to take on such an endeavor? Being unemployed...don't expect to make a killing during the first couple of years of insurance sales - unless you're a Unicorn Sales God.

Assuming you can take a shot at being an insurance agent - start with your warm market (that list of people that the pyramid outfit had you compile) and put the word out there of what you're doing. The main challenge of this business is finding prospects with needs. Finding a new prospect can be expensive (think Cost of Acquisition - $100 + per person is not uncommon).

Lastly, permanent life insurance/IULs might also be up your alley of interest as you can focus on the financial side of that business.

I started with a warm market and failed miserably after 4 years. However, I did learn a lot of good sales skills/follow-up skills from them. I took that skill and went somewhere else and I'm very happy where I am today. I'd said talk to different agencies and see what's a good fit for you. There's a lot of great companies out there that focus on different things and has their own niche.

Back