New P&C Agents..Any Luck with a Cluster?

Don't they want you to have the carriers sell the commercial, thru their sales dept, but will give you a commission. I pasted on smart choice, they don't have enough cariers in pa. You could get progressive, if you need their website, i will look it up,

I am most definitely getting heartburn over some of the termination provisions I'm seeing in a few of these contracts. Some want you on the hook forever, with first rights to buy your book at a pre-negotiated factor irregardless of market conditions that may exist at the time.

I'd be curious to know how successful anyone has been negotiating terms.

I haven't heard of too many negotiations from the other clusters I'm familiar with, but it doesn't mean it's not happening.

I think it can be hard to negotiate the terms because if they make a change for one person/agency, they may have to do it for every other person/agency. Just imagine if you were an agency that had been on board awhile and you found out they are now negotiating better exit clauses or commissions for the new agencies signing up. There would be a lot of upset people.

There are a ton of different cluster options out there, every one of them offering a little something different, so hopefully those searching find the one best suited for their needs :-)

If you have at least 2 to 3 years of selling experience, on your own or with a Broker, I believe you should be able to find an appropriate cluster group. Just be sure to read the contract.

It took me a while to figure out, you have to sell yourself to the carrier or cluster. Talk with Progressive, they are trying to compete with the big boys, for the standard business. Just let them know you bleed flo-blue.

Suggest revisiting the Iroquois Group program. They are definitely active in many of the States mentioned in this thread and can provide some good markets access, with sub codes, allowing agent access to some strong carriers.

i tried to contact Iroquois, they do not get back to you ever. email, voicemails etc... seems like they dont want anyone new?

Back