New P&C Agents..Any Luck with a Cluster?

Everyone,

Thank you for all the inputs so far. Will definitely be spending a lot of time researching tomorrow.

You guys have any luck finding a cluster willing to give you a chance?

Have the same situation in Texas. Any advise? Been a L & H agent for over 12 years specializing in group health. we have a pretty good book of business and stream of income. Recently P & C licensed and trying to get appointments.

Have the same situation in Texas. Any advise? Been a L & H agent for over 12 years specializing in group health. we have a pretty good book of business and stream of income. Recently P & C licensed and trying to get appointments.

PIIB (Pacific Interstate Insurance Brokers) has just started appointing agencies in Texas. How recently were you P&C licensed? Is it really new, or there is some experience there?

My P & C is new. I have been a L & H agent for over 12 years in which I have my own agency. I'm hiring an experienced P & C account manager though to help with this side of the business.

I am most definitely getting heartburn over some of the termination provisions I'm seeing in a few of these contracts. Some want you on the hook forever, with first rights to buy your book at a pre-negotiated factor irregardless of market conditions that may exist at the time.

I'd be curious to know how successful anyone has been negotiating terms.

Oh sorry I had you confused with someone else. It might be hard to do since you have not much experience. Maybe work for an agency for a few years and then go on your own. The good cluster will not appoint a new agent and without a book unless you can convince them you can do it.:cool::skeptical:

I went with smart choice in California. However, because I am new to insurance they set me up with commercial lines only. The crappy thing is I have no binding authority. But atleast I have travelers and safeco to refer future clients to.

I went with smart choice in California. However, because I am new to insurance they set me up with commercial lines only. The crappy thing is I have no binding authority. But atleast I have travelers and safeco to refer future clients to.

No binding authority and only commercial lines...Damn! Where is the "Puke" smiley button at. LOL.

Back