New to FE Need Dm Leads

if I am reading you correctly then 1star,settlers,and assurity are co to avoid?

Just to hold down confusion, the company JD calls 1Star is actually 5Star. Newby and JD are friends but they certainly don't agree on 5Star and Settlers.. To each his own. Personally, I like Settlers but I am not a full time FE agent like JD.

Most FE guys are just that, FE guys. Assurity's FE product is lackluster at best, but they do have a variety of products under one roof with underwriters that are easy to reach and reasonable comp. A point that isn't getting much attention (and maybe it doesn't need any), is that FE is not the only life insurance product you want in your bag if you're book of business has any amount of diversity to it. Selling a 40 year old with a mortgage and kids a small whole life policy is probably the wrong fit.

Go to the drawing board and ask what your book of business needs and then what you want to market. FE is relatively easy to market to, just get some DM and go, but that's going to almost guaranteed be a different audience than most of your book. Having strong term products, a strong UL, and some other ancillary products will put you in a much better position to help your clients and grow your business than just ramming FE down everyone's throats, whether they need it or not.

So do you want a full portfolio of products to help all your clients or just the FE crowd?

I have some experience cross selling a P&C book. Unless your book is primarily sub standard, sr22, Monthly cash payments You have a different market tjan the FE market most of these guys work. I would pick up a couple fully underwritten companies, a couple non med options and SIWL companies that are known for their service and claims paying. I definitely would have a GI company or two as well. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I did not read Josh's post before posting. Good points.

Most FE guys are just that, FE guys. Assurity's FE product is lackluster at best, but they do have a variety of products under one roof with underwriters that are easy to reach and reasonable comp. A point that isn't getting much attention (and maybe it doesn't need any), is that FE is not the only life insurance product you want in your bag if you're book of business has any amount of diversity to it. Selling a 40 year old with a mortgage and kids a small whole life policy is probably the wrong fit.

Go to the drawing board and ask what your book of business needs and then what you want to market. FE is relatively easy to market to, just get some DM and go, but that's going to almost guaranteed be a different audience than most of your book. Having strong term products, a strong UL, and some other ancillary products will put you in a much better position to help your clients and grow your business than just ramming FE down everyone's throats, whether they need it or not.

So do you want a full portfolio of products to help all your clients or just the
FE crowd?

I would think his P&C carriers have term/WL/UL and might even require a certain amount of life production to maintain a top P&C contract.

Yes, if they are going concentrate on FE. Plus 1 Star has a quota now so your guys might not be able to stay contracted with them anyway.

Assurity and Settlers are basically niche companies. If you guys are going to dabble in FE then you might have the patience to deal with them.

Using them as go to companies for FE would be like making LL your main company. I mentioned Trans because they cover ages 0-85. But they can drive an agent crazy too by being amendment happy.

I tend to stay away from companies that make my job harder. They do have a use though. I will use those difficult companies when I run across a use for them.

I recently attenpted to send a prospect to a 1 Star agent because I didn't have anything for him and 1 Star was a possible fit. That agent couldn't write it because 1 Star had terminated him because he didn't make the quota.

I would say trans,am con and I would actually use snl for 95% of people can get this with no chargebacks and higher commissions than gerber .The problem I find with 5 star is absolutely nobody gets level taking any kind of depression drugs and tons take them

Pull out the Foresters app baby, heck maybe even RNA...have to look that one up, I have not written them much but Im about too get on the RNA train.

Once you go Royal you never go back..... :yes::yes:

Thats what I hear, Im looking forward to it, I need to place some business with them next week, but they are not in SC:no:

----------

I try to sample all our companies but I tend to use Settlers, Lafayette, American Continental, TransAmerica, Oxford, RNA and 5-Star. Probably just because those are the companies I am most used to. A true FE agent running lead cards would do well with Oxford, RNA and 5-Star. A guy who wants a turn key system with leads and lead financing would do well with Settlers plus a good company for insulin diabetics like Oxford, 5-Star or Settlers.

I agree a P&C company will be dealing with a different crowd. Lafayette, Assurity, TransAmerica might be their starting lineup. Plus everyone needs Gerber for GI.

Every agent has different opinions on all of this though.

Ive heard its different in KY and Indiana. You guys have all the easy FE cases.

Back