New to Gerber

mudhound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Gerber GI advice

I just recently took on Gerber. It was almost 3 months ago! Sure, they told me I can not get a writing number until I place the 1st piece of business. However, I can not seem to get a way to place that 1st piece of business! How in the world do you place one without a web portal? My IMO just sent me a paper app yesterday. I am so pissed at him. I have been with him for about 12-14 years. I like him but he is as flakey as a box of Corn Flakes! LOL!!!

Will they take a paper app?

Do I need to just write one and split it with him to get a writing number?

Thanks in advance.

Gerber GI advice

I just recently took on Gerber. It was almost 3 months ago! Sure, they told me I can not get a writing number until I place the 1st piece of business. However, I can not seem to get a way to place that 1st piece of business! How in the world do you place one without a web portal? My IMO just sent me a paper app yesterday. I am so pissed at him. I have been with him for about 12-14 years. I like him but he is as flakey as a box of Corn Flakes! LOL!!!

Will they take a paper app?

Do I need to just write one and split it with him to get a writing number?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, they will take paper apps & no need to split it w/ him if you don’t want. Just write your first piece of biz and send to him for proper placement to the carrier. Make sure and put “PENDING” in all the places where the app asks for your agent #.

Last edited:
If my frail old memory is correct. I simply wrote small grow up plan on my granddaughter. Made my wife the owner. A couple of dollars a month. On a paper app.

I need to check if that is still active.

Last edited:
Why did you put your Gerber contract with this “flake”?
I am so glad you asked. I am one that puts value to relationships. Examples include 33 years married to same lady. 29 years in the insurance sales business. 10-12 years with one IMO (Flake). LOL!!!

Now, I do Thank God!!!! That I have several direct company contracts. I do not want to be beholden to one IMO.

I also thank God!!! That I expanded my offerings to include group products back 25 years ago.

I am so glad you asked. I am one that puts value to relationships. Examples include 33 years married to same lady. 29 years in the insurance sales business. 10-12 years with one IMO (Flake). LOL!!!

Now, I do Thank God!!!! That I have several direct company contracts. I do not want to be beholden to one IMO.

I also thank God!!! That I expanded my offerings to include group products back 25 years ago.

This one is real easy. How are you supposed to do an e-app if you don't have a writing number? Common sense would tell you that you have to send in a paper app for the 1st one.

Did this IMO not give you a site for Gerber so that you can download the app. Did he get the UW guide to you? (You could download that too). If you had the UW Guide, did you bother to look at it? (I only ask because you would be surprised at the number of agents who don't bother).

Work in a pre-appointment stay where you have to get a writing number before you write business?

Back