New To Insurance Not to Sales

Matthew11

I just made a huge career change from residential heating and air conditioning. I passed the producers exam for health and life and went into the office for training shortly after.

I’m really not impressed with my first day of training and it doesn’t really mesh up with what was discussed during interviewing. It seemed like a bunch of hype making goals and look at how much money you’ll make… lots of talk on cold calling when I was told leads were provided… not entirely sure what to expect here. I don’t care if I have to send out 200 text messages to get a few appointments and close a sale but I can’t be going through the yellow pages looking for phone number..

Any advice would be very much appreciated

I just made a huge career change from residential heating and air conditioning. I passed the producers exam for health and life and went into the office for training shortly after.

I’m really not impressed with my first day of training and it doesn’t really mesh up with what was discussed during interviewing. It seemed like a bunch of hype making goals and look at how much money you’ll make… lots of talk on cold calling when I was told leads were provided… not entirely sure what to expect here. I don’t care if I have to send out 200 text messages to get a few appointments and close a sale but I can’t be going through the yellow pages looking for phone number..

Sounds like you were "fibbed" to. Who "fibbed" to you?

You got “recruited” to a churn n burn. It’s common.
About a week from now they are going to pitch you that you are ready to build a downline and train others.

Look at other IMO and talk to them about how to get a fresh start with them. Make sure they are a fit for what you want to do.
My agency is focused on face to face Final Expense Sales. You can learn about that market and us here Getting Started with FE Sales

Who done did it?

Who done did it?

Just finished day 3. Im going through the motions still while I’m waiting for the state to process and grant my license. Things are starting to look a little brighter. I’m going to give them a fair shot before I Disclose

Sounds like you were "fibbed" to. Who "fibbed" to you?

I’m going to give them a fair shot before I disclose. The past couple days have seemed a little better now that I’ve talked with some of the other agents that have been there a few years

I’m going to give them a fair shot before I disclose. The past couple days have seemed a little better now that I’ve talked with some of the other agents that have been there a few years

If you want advice, but won't tell us who it is, then it's YOU that won't be getting the fair shot.

Listen to a 26 year veteran, and over 20 MDRT Top of the Table qualifications (he's earned millions a year for that long) and owns many businesses about the sales process and demand for our services.

Starting at 1:31:05

Here's the bullet points:
  • Got to be really careful to whom you listen. Life insurance sales and financial product sales are a lot different than selling anything else. In commodities, we don’t have to sell. They’re going to buy. In the life insurance business, there is NO DEMAND! We have to CREATE the demand!
  • People buy authenticity and people buy candor. And people buy humility. Who I am in front of a bunch of agents. Wishes he had more Art Sanger than Bob Castiglione. Who he is in front of a prospect is different than in front of an agent.

Listen to a 26 year veteran, and over 20 MDRT Top of the Table qualifications (he's earned millions a year for that long) and owns many businesses about the sales process and demand for our services.

Starting at 1:31:05

Here's the bullet points:
  • Got to be really careful to whom you listen. Life insurance sales and financial product sales are a lot different than selling anything else. In commodities, we don’t have to sell. They’re going to buy. In the life insurance business, there is NO DEMAND! We have to CREATE the demand!
  • People buy authenticity and people buy candor. And people buy humility. Who I am in front of a bunch of agents. Wishes he had more Art Sanger than Bob Castiglione. Who he is in front of a prospect is different than in front of an agent.

I definitely agree. Luckily for me I come from an industry where I’m not just selling an air conditioner or a furnace. The companies I worked for were 30-50% more than the competition but I still won sales because I can build rapport with the home owners. I set up a few appointments on Saturday just cold calling local contractors. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I think it’s going to be a lot of hard work to build up a book of business but I’m ready for it. I had to crawl under houses with spiders and climb through 120 degree attics for years to fight my way to a decent position. I can handle 100 people hanging up on me to get a sale.

Back