New to Med Sup

PDPs are basically ~$40/m no deductible or ~$20/m with a deductible. When you factor in the deductible the average cost per month for all PDPs are ~$40.

I am not going to argue but if they are on tier 1 or 2 drugs the monthly is $18.40 and no deductible or copay. Not a fit for all but low cost option where it does fit.

Yes sir 5% of lucky people get that situation. There are a lot more drugs nowadays on Tier 3 than their was 9 years ago. Lots of generics are now on Tier 3. It's hard to find a lot of people that only take the free Tier 1 drugs. For those lucky people if they use mail order, yes they get a good deal. Most people average paying the ~$40/m cost for PDP however (minus co-pays)

PDPs are basically ~$40/m no deductible or ~$20/m with a deductible. When you factor in the deductible the average cost per month for all PDPs are ~$40.

----------

Okay man now you are being petty with me seriously. I am throwing out ballpark figures and explaining the number and you still want to bicker with me.

I've been reading your posts and wonder if you really know what you're talking about.

First of all, there isn't an MA plan that provides the same level of medical care as a supplement. They all have networks, either HMO or PPO. Price is what people buy and apparently you sell.

As far as PDP, Humana is $18.40, tier 1 & 2 have no deductible and are zero copay using mail order. Others do have a $360 deductible. Most of my clients are on this plan because most medications are below tier 3. My mother takes 5 "free" medications.

In WI, Silver Script is $28.90 with zero deductible. But I guess that's close enough to $40 for you.

For someone with 10 years of experience you certainly have a great deal to learn about Medicare and plans.

I hope you don't harm any of your clients with your recommendations.

Rick

As I said I am throwing out ballpark numbers. I must have hit a hornet's nest talking about agents who sell products to consumers based on commission payouts and the ease of sale. I feel like Gordon Ramsay in Kitchen Nightmare talking with defiant business owners that their food sucks. Well here you go guys: agents who sell policies to consumers due to easy of sale and commission amount are scum of the earth and the biggest reason our industry is over regulated and has a bad reputation. I spit on all like that. Not accusing anyone here as seems some of you guys do sell all product types, but I feel a large number of users here are greedy and in it for the money. Hope Karma finds you all soon. Later.

As I said I am throwing out ballpark numbers. I must have hit a hornet's nest talking about agents who sell products to consumers based on commission payouts and the ease of sale. I feel like Gordon Ramsay in Kitchen Nightmare talking with defiant business owners that their food sucks. Well here you go guys: agents who sell policies to consumers due to easy of sale and commission amount are scum of the earth and the biggest reason our industry is over regulated and has a bad reputation. I spit on all like that. Not accusing anyone here as seems some of you guys do sell all product types, but I feel a large number of users here are greedy and in it for the money. Hope Karma finds you all soon. Later.

I'm sure that this greedy agent has sold more MA plans than you've ever presented but I don't tell my clients that they will receive the same access to quality care as with a supplement.

And I guess since you sell products based upon an easy sale I understand why you would know about agents who are scum of the earth.

Rick

When you take those cheaper PDP plans and add the deductible,

Wow, you really know your stuff.

tier 1 or 2 drugs the monthly is $18.40 and no deductible or copay.

Apparently those plans don't exist in zombieland.

Yes sir 5% of lucky people get that situation.

Citation?

I've been reading your posts and wonder if you really know what you're talking about.

Why wonder? Just go ahead and ask.

agents who sell policies to consumers due to easy of sale and commission amount are scum of the earth and the biggest reason our industry is over regulated and has a bad reputation.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I am exposing Chris Westfall and other agents like him that ONLY sell Med supps and nothing else.

Could it be:

He considers mailing out endless stacks of MA enrollment packets unproductive, compared to the speed of processing e-apps with voice or email signature?

He enjoys taking vacations, without worrying about being interrupted by calls from angry seniors, about why their doctor is no longer in their network, or why their prescription is no longer being covered, or why their plan is leaving the area?

Did you know there are plenty of marketable areas where no MA plans exist?

Last time I checked, Chris recommends avoiding areas with high MA penetration rates. No need to tell lies if you know how to market Med Supp correctly.

Last edited:
Would you want your insurance agent to not offer a good product to your mother because he/she made less commission from it? Really? I get why you guys push Med supps, I really do (10 years experience) but be honest with yourself and your clients. Dishonesty is what leads to filed complaints with CMS and the OCI. If you are in this business for only the best and easiest commissions, get out.

I refused to sell my mother a MA plan. She liked the "Low cost" plan so, I made her go online and get her own. I told her I wouldn't be a party to such insanity. She does appreciate the "low cost"of premiums.

Of course, she hated the massive out of pocket when her aortic valve had to be replaced, and then when she needed a pacemaker, and then when she went in for testing and her kidneys shut down.

Oh, and she doesn't seem to like having to find new doctors or paying out of network costs.

Tell me again why I'm scum because I won't sell MA plans.:no:

Yes sir 5% of lucky people get that situation. There are a lot more drugs nowadays on Tier 3 than their was 9 years ago. Lots of generics are now on Tier 3. It's hard to find a lot of people that only take the free Tier 1 drugs. For those lucky people if they use mail order, yes they get a good deal. Most people average paying the ~$40/m cost for PDP however (minus co-pays)

5% where do you get that from.

5%? And it's hard to find people who only take tier 1 drugs? We write a fairly large volume of Med Supps (Which evidently makes me scum, yes I know) and we see people taking just a generic BP or cholesterol medication and nothing else all day long. I'm guessing you just don't talk to that many people to bring you to that conclusion.

We also get calls all day long from people practically begging us to take them off their MAPDs. One reason we don't sell MAPD's because I listen to what the market is telling me. And I want to offer the superior product. It's called running a successful business. We help a large amount of people, and make a great income from it.

There's nothing wrong with just offering MAPD's if that floats your boat, or just offering Med Supps. But your hatred of Westfall has me suspicious Zombie. Did he kick your ass back in 5th grade or something?

Back