New to Medicare biz, but the math doesn't work

It's literally at the point when new customers often know one other but sometimes even two other clients. Pretty cool. No issues with being a "stranger."

This has happened a few times, honestly.

How did you hear about me?

Oh, my brother and sister in law used you.
Oh, my workplace sent me to you.

They love it when I tell my 5 minute elevator talk:

Oh, I move to Cadillac in 2007, then to Traverse when I worked for the state, then I decided that I was done with the GIANT city of TC and bought a hobby farm in the country.

Then we talk about wanting to turn it into an animal sanctuary blah, blah, blah.

Those stories travel in my area. It makes my life exponentially easier... which is worth more than the money I pay for the lead... Because I don't care as long as I break even year 1.

Most of my referrals from clients are still good with the trust thing, but over the past few years I've gotten WAY more questioning and pushback than ever before in all my previous years combined. It's still not necessarily a high amount, but I just notice small little things like that. It also doesn't help that I live around Chicago, for obvious reasons

This is interesting . . .

My new business is about 70% referral and the rest from ongoing marketing. Regardless of the source, I rarely have folks who are tentative about doing business with me.

I am more confident about how I conduct myself and my style is pretty laid back . . . "Either you trust me or you don't . . . if you don't think I am being honest with you then you probably need to find someone else to help you".

I really do say that, but I rarely have to.

And as most of the folks here know, my business is 100% phone and email. I think the fact that I tell folks they can walk away at any time helps in building credibility.

Then we talk about wanting to turn it into an animal sanctuary blah, blah, blah.

Oops!

I fell into that trap. Sorry.
:laugh:

(My next one was going to be "I see Traverse City sometimes on the Accuweather snow maps. Do you have to dig snow tunnels between the house and the barn?") I suppose maybe a MI resident wouldn't say that though.

This is interesting . . .

My new business is about 70% referral and the rest from ongoing marketing. Regardless of the source, I rarely have folks who are tentative about doing business with me.

I am more confident about how I conduct myself and my style is pretty laid back . . . "Either you trust me or you don't . . . if you don't think I am being honest with you then you probably need to find someone else to help you".

I really do say that, but I rarely have to.

And as most of the folks here know, my business is 100% phone and email. I think the fact that I tell folks they can walk away at any time helps in building credibility.

I concur. This is my approach too.

I have no fear in telling people "I make more money if you do X, but I think it's a better fit if you do Y. However, it's your money and you're in charge here."

I get some pushback, but I'm conversational. So I look at it like they're interested or they wouldn't ask questions.

Oops!

I fell into that trap. Sorry.
:laugh:

(My next one was going to be "I see Traverse City sometimes on the Accuweather snow maps. Do you have to dig snow tunnels between the house and the barn?") I suppose maybe a MI resident wouldn't say that though.

You have to be quite hardy to live in NMI and we don't mess around.

When I go back to SC I get super annoyed when I have to do any business because everyone is on southern time. So, something at the bank that takes 15 minutes here always takes an hour there.

Contractors have to be contacted when they don't show up because they won't reach out to you. It's the worst.

Back