Newbie Needs Some Direction

CGD5124

I am brand new to the industry and really need some help in the direction I should go. I have been self employed (completely different industry) for 15 years and recently decided it was time for someone else to deal with the daily headaches. I received a call from a senior products provider and decided to entertain the appointment. While I was not impressed with this company (and validated by many posts here) it defiantly struck my interest to research more with positive feedback and enthusiasm on my part for the industry.

Since, I have acquired my life and health license in Texas with my next step to acquire my series 7 and any other license to give me the flexibility of the long term goal of being a complete life planner. I want to start with products like Annuities, life, long term care. My hold up is this, I’m blessed that I’m able to go sometime without income, but I’m still thinking of going captive for the training and experience. What company’s would you suggest for the products above? Or, I have heard the word “mentor” a lot. With my entrepreneurial sprit and somewhat of a team in place would this interest anyone to have future discussions?

As mentioned I’m in Texas, would anybody be open to a quick discussion with a great team that needs some serious direction. Thanks in advance!

I am brand new to the industry and really need some help in the direction I should go. I have been self employed (completely different industry) for 15 years and recently decided it was time for someone else to deal with the daily headaches. I received a call from a senior products provider and decided to entertain the appointment. While I was not impressed with this company (and validated by many posts here) it defiantly struck my interest to research more with positive feedback and enthusiasm on my part for the industry.

Since, I have acquired my life and health license in Texas with my next step to acquire my series 7 and any other license to give me the flexibility of the long term goal of being a complete life planner. I want to start with products like Annuities, life, long term care. My hold up is this, I’m blessed that I’m able to go sometime without income, but I’m still thinking of going captive for the training and experience. What company’s would you suggest for the products above? Or, I have heard the word “mentor” a lot. With my entrepreneurial sprit and somewhat of a team in place would this interest anyone to have future discussions?

As mentioned I’m in Texas, would anybody be open to a quick discussion with a great team that needs some serious direction. Thanks in advance!

Talk to New York Life, Northwestern Mutual, Mass Mutual, Guardian, Metlife and/or New England Financial. Guardian and MM offer the greatest autonomy. Go with the one where you can truley have a mentor.

While I'm not personally in TX, I would like the opportunity to speak with you and see where you stand and where you want to go. I could possibly help you if I could find out a little more from you.
Give me a call at your convenience.

While I'm not personally in TX, I would like the opportunity to speak with you and see where you stand and where you want to go. I could possibly help you if I could find out a little more from you.
Give me a call at your convenience.

Thank you, I have an appointment at 9:00cst, but will be in touch with you today. All your help is greatly appreciated!

Back