NFC business cards

KC Catfish

Expert
The door knock model is tried and true because trust can be built easier from appearance. But the internet is making large reach as every spends more time there. Introducing the bridge from person and technology, the rfid business card.

talking to a prospect out in the evening. Tell them to give you a call and tap your NFC business card to their phone. Bam, your contact is saved in their phone.

want to make sure you have their contact info. Program the NFC card to pull up your website to a lead submission form, tell them to fill it out and you will follow up.

trying to get more eyes on your social media. Tap their phone with the NFC card and boom, their phone is asking to if they want to like your brand page.

It seems like a great technology to replace the business card and create a traceable lead

In addition to the security issues referenced by @TwoCents , I wonder how many folks will even know how to turn it on and off?

I believe the NFC default is OFF. Checked my Android and Phone Visibility is also off.

I can't imagine turning on NFC for someone I just met, especially if I have to hand them my phone so they can show me how to access that setting.

Maybe this is the "wave" of the future. Guess we will see.

I don't really know, this is just aspirational. $8 and an hour programming the card, 4-5 awkward attempts, and we'll see if its actually worth it. Those nfc chips run about $.85 a piece. Imagine you have a flyer taped up and an image that says tap your phone, now your website is open with a lead form for them to fill out. Now they may close out of the form, but you do have a saved cookies for a retargeting add. I'm sure if it will be effective, but I'll let you know by the end of the year

I don't really know, this is just aspirational. $8 and an hour programming the card, 4-5 awkward attempts, and we'll see if its actually worth it. Those nfc chips run about $.85 a piece. Imagine you have a flyer taped up and an image that says tap your phone, now your website is open with a lead form for them to fill out. Now they may close out of the form, but you do have a saved cookies for a retargeting add. I'm sure if it will be effective, but I'll let you know by the end of the year

That is how we learn new methods.

The door knock model is tried and true because trust can be built easier from appearance. But the internet is making large reach as every spends more time there. Introducing the bridge from person and technology, the rfid business card.

talking to a prospect out in the evening. Tell them to give you a call and tap your NFC business card to their phone. Bam, your contact is saved in their phone.

want to make sure you have their contact info. Program the NFC card to pull up your website to a lead submission form, tell them to fill it out and you will follow up.

trying to get more eyes on your social media. Tap their phone with the NFC card and boom, their phone is asking to if they want to like your brand page.

It seems like a great technology to replace the business card and create a traceable lead

I sell these products.

Doesn't work on all phones. Really sux on Apple products.

Doesn't just "BAM" save to their phone. They have to download it.

You can use NFC fobs, stickers, magnetics and more.

Back