NGL Sells Settlers

We are pleased to announce the sale of Settlers Life Insurance Company, a Wisconsin domiciled insurer, to Everly Holdings, LLC, the owner of Everly, LLC, a direct-to-consumer insurance agency. "The transaction further positions NGL to grow in the Preneed insurance industry and will allow us to enhance our digital capabilities to serve funeral homes and their customers in new ways,” said Knut Olson, President & CEO of NGL.

Well let’s hope the new place offers the Settlers policy holders some level of customer service. Because NGL was certainly lacking there.
I agree as trying to get a death claim paid is unbelievable in one person in India reviewing all the death claims from third party administrator is on the verge of totally unethical for existing policyholders!!

The TPA that's been handling settlers is terrible. But they are far better than when NGL was handling it themselves. Hopefully this makes it better.
I don't have much left with them. Just recently I had a customer want a copy of her policy. After 30- minutes on hold, I was told the policyholder would have to make the request, so I did a 3 way call and she made her request. A couple of weeks later my customer calls and said the copy they sent her was so blurry and light that she couldn't read it. I was able to order another copy and complained about the copy quality. I guess she's satisfied with the 2nd copy, because I haven't heard anymore.

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone just to get a copy of a policy. I'm glad I never picked up any NGL products over the years.

“We’re excited to acquire Settlers Life and believe it will further enable Everly to execute on its mission of providing direct and digital access to high quality and affordable life insurance products,” said Doug Wolff, Chairman of Everly Holdings, LLC.

For clients who are comfortable doing things online, customer service will probably be easier. But since it’s a “digital” agency, I’ll bet the hold times on the phone will be even longer.

I’m also somewhat concerned about how a “direct to consumer agency” might market to my clients. I don’t care how little those policies might be paying me now. My clients are my clients! Don’t be messin’ ‘round in my book!

Last edited:
Back