Nippon insurance

Thank you, Newby. Actually I have almost exhausted my Japanese vocabulary (except for a few choice words used in the red light district).:biggrin:

Those are important! You don't want to say the wrong words there and mess up your request.

Hate when that happens!

Sorry, I am new to this but I worked at Nippon Life Insurance Company of America a few years back. I can give you a brief history of what/who they are:

They originally started out, here in the US, offering group benefits to Japanese "rotationals" or ees who worked for the many Japanese owned/American managed companies here in the US.

They started off in 1991 in the US. They mainly focused on the Japanese owned companies dealing in the auto parts industry throughout the US. Corporate office in NYC. (Domiciled in Des Moines, IA - where PFG is) With offices in: Atlanta, NYC, Chicago and Cali. They now offer a full line of group coverages and the majority of their book of business is american (70 %) vs japanese (30%).

The parent company is Nissay Corporation and they are one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the world (in the 100s of billions in revenue). They are diversified from investments, lending and insurance. (just about everything from phones to insurance) Deep financially in Japan and the global market, including the US and Nippon Life Insurance Company of America or Nippon Life Benefits as they go by now.

Contracted with Principal Financial Group to manage their billing administration and claims. A best-in-class provider, Principal Financial. Nippon Life Benefits is the largest customer of Principal Financial Group’s National Accounts Division. The companies have worked together for 20 years, and Principal’s largest shareholder is Nippon Life Insurance company of Japan, parent of Nippon Life Benefits.

Cjmac, thanks for the information. Even though this thread is almost 3-1/2 years old at least you didn't bump an old thread to post spam and/or recruit. It is a refreshing informational first post. Welcome!

Thanks. I try! I have been looking into other job opps and have found this site very beneficial looking at qestionable opportunities.

Other note on Nippon: They also have very good customer service but unfortunately, they have not found their niche in the marketplace. (They should throw everything they have at japanese business in the US focused around the auto industry and auto parts distributors - if you can get a few big fish for a couple years they tend to stick around. If you do a good job the japanese companies tend to be very loyal unless the price difference is whay off or the networks are not sufficient.)

The don't seem to be very competitive at renewal time. They needed/need to offer better renewals in order to show proof that they are trying to build a relationship with the client vs just getting the group for a year and the subsequent commission/bonus. In my experience if you can retain a client for 3 yrs or so it is extremely hard for them to leave at renewal time. They will probably give you the nod over competition if the variance in price isn't that great.

Most time customers tell you that they hold great service in high regards. But when push comes to shove, how much are they willing to pay for it? That is the question. What is the breaking point?

It seems many people are still looking at price vs service and benefits.

Back