No more Assurity FE

I think everything that's been happening should be a wake up call to everyone. Do NOT allow yourself to be complacent with your company.

To win at business you have to excel at all 3 P's. People, product, & process. If they had a little easier process like an instant decision e-app where the UW was predictable... they'd be a household name in FE. Especially with those MONSTER renewals...

I like the way Gary Vee talks about companies like this...

3 P’s...People, Product & P*ssy.

”Marcus Lemonis”
Fixed that for you. :twitchy:

Oh. The thread zigged and I zagged.

The conversations I’ve had with Trans in the past about redesigning their app or bringing out an e-app did not sound positive. They always say they don’t want to do anything to encourage MORE FE than they already get. They want to increase their other products and just maintain what they already get with FE.

Haven’t had that discussion recently with them though. Maybe they will see the light.
Yep, & since a lot of their business comes from WFG, I don't think they really NEED to innovate at all.

They have a unique situation for sure!

I've been thinking for years no way Trans can keep taking the kind of business they take. I just wrote a $35k app on a 53 yr old smoker with copd that could barely answer all the questions because she was coughing so much. Basically co's like aetna and united heritage quasi exited the Fe business by jacking rates up big

I've been thinking for years no way Trans can keep taking the kind of business they take. I just wrote a $35k app on a 53 yr old smoker with copd that could barely answer all the questions because she was coughing so much. Basically co's like aetna and united heritage quasi exited the Fe business by jacking rates up big

They take that Table 8. Same with insulin. I think that’s the key to their sustainability.

I’m convinced Transamerica keeps their application/new business process challenging as a deterrent to more business. They also have a huge presence in the market, besides FE. They also mastered billing so I imagine they have much higher persistency than a lot of other companies.

I’m convinced Transamerica keeps their application/new business process challenging as a deterrent to more business. They also have a huge presence in the market, besides FE. They also mastered billing so I imagine they have much higher persistency than a lot of other companies.

Good point, Its probably a deterrent to new agents who dont write good business.

Just watch what happens the next 12 months: FE carriers either exiting the business or charging rates similar to LH.

Back