No Sense....................

Ugh. I just started using Foresters a few weeks ago. I've had them forever, just never wrote them.

What is the antidote to this? I mean, that's pretty damning that it's in writing that the premiums are not gauranteed.

I could always flip him to Americo and still save him a ton. If he's receptive to it. I won't know until I talk to him. He may very well be done with me thinking I tried to steer him wrong. You know how these old folks can get....

If the other guy was smart enough to save a difference of $100+ With "do you want Promises or Guarantees" He probably is smart enough to Rewrite him more coverage for less money himself. With the "new low rates at XYZ company" himself. He has probably poisoned the well as well.

You will not change his mind as stated above its very hard to regain trust but you could pass his info on to another agent work out a split and hope it goes differently. I have done this before not easy but it can be done.

The premiums are guaranteed and no one will find in the certificate that they are not.

But they are fraternal and fraternals have to put the assesment possibility in the poliy. The other agent used that against you since you didn't explain it.

----------

That's not the way it is and you know better. I challeng you right now to prove your allegation that the premiums are not guaranteed.

First of all, that is not what I said.. but you know and I know that assessments can be made that effectively amount to an increase in premiums because it increases the policy cost. The insured has a choice of either paying for the assessments in cash or with cash deducted from their cash values or death benefits. You are wrestling with semantics, this time to your benefit. But what I said was "IF it is damning, it is not the fact it is in writing but the fact that what is in writing is simply a reflection of what the certificate calls for."

So I wrote an 84 yr old guy up with Foresters who had a trans policy at standard. He was paying 377/mo for the trans, he easily qualified for plan right level, same face amount for 269/mo. You would think he would have been thrilled. He just left me a message saying he doesn't want the foresters policy because he just read through it. WTF??!! This makes no sense at all. It's a better policy and it's cheaper......

I just don't understand people sometimes. I left him a message, haven't heard back. I can't wait to hear his reasons....

I got burned like this as well. All I can say is Rearden tried to warn me.

So I wrote an 84 yr old guy up with Foresters who had a trans policy at standard. He was paying 377/mo for the trans, he easily qualified for plan right level, same face amount for 269/mo. You would think he would have been thrilled. He just left me a message saying he doesn't want the foresters policy because he just read through it. WTF??!! This makes no sense at all. It's a better policy and it's cheaper......

I just don't understand people sometimes. I left him a message, haven't heard back. I can't wait to hear his reasons....

If you can get back in front of him then offer to place him with a non fraternal.

I would guess the other agent has poisoned the well as wino said but you won't know until you talk to him.

----------

First of all, that is not what I said.. but you know and I know that assessments can be made that effectively amount to an increase in premiums because it increases the policy cost. The insured has a choice of either paying for the assessments in cash or with cash deducted from their cash values or death benefits. You are wrestling with semantics, this time to your benefit. But what I said was "IF it is damning, it is not the fact it is in writing but the fact that what is in writing is simply a reflection of what the certificate calls for."

The premiums are guaranteed to never increase. And that is in writing.

If you can get back in front of him then offer to place him with a non fraternal.

I would guess the other agent has poisoned the well as wino said but you won't know until you talk to him.

----------

The premiums are guaranteed to never increase. And that is in writing.

Didn't say they weren't.

Seems to me like the competing agent is walking a slippery slope here, but I could be wrong. Is it allowed by law to tell the client they could be harmed because they are insured by a fraternal? Obviously the state guaranty fund cannot be brought up, but it's ok to mention that they could pay more later because it's a fraternal? Doesn't seem right (or legal) to me.

How it is it a better policy? I get that it's cheaper (which I agree is much better) but how is it better outside of that? Trans standard is level coverage as well.

Back