No Show Fixes

what my philosophy is... first meeting, in my office. If they are not serious enough to come in, why should I bother?

On follow ups, I may come see them.

I will make exceptions if they are a referral, etc.

I agree with others on here....if you have an appt. with someone at their place, ALWAYS be on time or a few minutes early. If I'm going to be 10 minutes late, I'll call them and let them know.

RE: seniors, I never set an appt more than 2 days out. And I always try to have more than one appt if there is any driving to do. When I sold Mortgage protection I did it the same way. People don't write down appts and they forget in a heartbeat. If the appt feels weak I always call first before leaving the office.

I do sell over the phone and email with under 65 health insurance.
Seniors are not as likely to be up and running tech-wise. You really can't beat "being there", although certainly times are changing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
but you know it's really great that you are in business to help us agents work virtually!

Last edited:
I do sell over the phone and email with under 65 health insurance.
Seniors are not as likely to be up and running tech-wise. You really can't beat "being there", although certainly times are changing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
but you know it's really great that you are in business to help us agents work virtually!

You are right about most seniors not being "up and running tech-wise" but as you say "times are changing". I also agree that "being there" is my preferred way of selling Med Supps. I just can't build the same kind of rapport with them over the phone. The senior market is all about renewals, not just the first year commission.

With that said, I am selling more and more Med Supps over the phone. Seniors are much more receptive than ever before to handling the app over the phone.

Although there are some companies that now have electronic apps I still fill out the app and send it to them for their signature. Seniors seem to be more comfortable with doing it that way. I can't remember the last time I didn't get one back.

New to the insurance business. Is there any secrets to actually having the client that schedules the appointment with you to ACTUALLY BEING THERE? I have not had any reason to believe the client wouldn't be there from the phone call, but for some reason, I'll travel 50 miles, get there 5 minutes early, and NOTHING. No lights on, no answering of the phone, vehicles gone...

Just some tips on how to lock that customer in to letting in me in the door...

Thanks in advance.

I have decreased my no shows with a dialer. I have the dialer set to call the day of the appointment to remind them that I'm coming. I don't personally want to call because it just gives them the chance to cancel on me.

I have decreased my no shows with a dialer. I have the dialer set to call the day of the appointment to remind them that I'm coming. I don't personally want to call because it just gives them the chance to cancel on me.

I'm sure that you know that using a recorded voice is illegal. Don't think there is an exception to remind clients of an appointment.

MIght be part of the final expense 102 course.

Rick

I'm sure that you know that using a recorded voice is illegal. Don't think there is an exception to remind clients of an appointment.

MIght be part of the final expense 102 course.

Rick

This is no different than the dentist doing the same thing to remind you of your PRE-scheduled appointment.

This is no different than the dentist doing the same thing to remind you of your PRE-scheduled appointment.

I believe there is an exclusion in the law for medical, dental and pharmacy. But I do not believe this applies to insurance agents.

Can you site something in the law that allows us to use this? If I am mistaken, please let me know.

Rick

I believe there is an exclusion in the law for medical, dental and pharmacy. But I do not believe this applies to insurance agents.

Can you site something in the law that allows us to use this? If I am mistaken, please let me know.

Rick

established business relationship, maybe. section 64.1200, part a, paragraph 2, item 4

of course, you need to have previous live conversations.

Back