No Show Fixes

Straight from FTC.gov...

"The rule amendments going into effect on September 1 do not prohibit calls that deliver purely “informational” recorded messages – those that notify recipients, for example, that their flight has been cancelled, an appliance they ordered will be delivered at a certain time, or that their child’s school opening is delayed."

Thanks Rick, you will have to bust me on the next one.

Last edited:
Straight from FTC.gov...

"The rule amendments going into effect on September 1 do not prohibit calls that deliver purely “informational” recorded messages – those that notify recipients, for example, that their flight has been cancelled, an appliance they ordered will be delivered at a certain time, or that their child’s school opening is delayed."

Thanks Rick, you will have to bust me on the nest one.

I really don't think this applies to an insurance agent reminding someone to be home so a sale can be made. You could use the "informational" criteria to assume that informing them that when they die it costs money to be buried is informational.

I think I'll bust you on this one, not the "nest" one.

Christ, how hard is it for you to pick up the phone and confirm an appointment? If they cancel, perhaps you didn't really have an appointment anyway. I confirm all my appointments personally and don't have a problem doing so.

Rick

Well, everyone works their own ways.

Wouldn't you say that an appointment reminder is "Purely Informational?"

If not, please explain.

Last edited:
Sec. 64.1200 Delivery restrictions.
(a) No person or entity may:

(2) Initiate any telephone call to any residential line using an artificial or prerecorded voice to deliver a message without the prior express consent of the called party, unless the call,

(iii) Is made for a commercial purpose but does not include or introduce an unsolicited advertisement or constitute a telephone solicitation,

Seems that iii covers a recorded call which solely reminds them of the appointment.

I believe there is an exclusion in the law for medical, dental and pharmacy. But I do not believe this applies to insurance agents.
Really?

My point exactly. I seem to recall that a pharmacy can remind a patient their Rx is ready but since we're not in that business, it's really not important to this discussion.

As far as insurance agents using pre-recorded messages, my feeling is absolutely not and the above post reinforces my position.

However, I've only been licensed for 33 years so I will defer the the more knowledgeable agents on this forum who measure their license in months.

Rick

Thanks PadThaiForLunch!

...iii -- definitely clarifies that a robo dialer that is an appointment reminder (which is not an unsolicited advertisement) is legal.

(iii) Is made for a commercial purpose but does not include or introduce an unsolicited advertisement or constitute a telephone solicitation,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My point exactly. I seem to recall that a pharmacy can remind a patient their Rx is ready but since we're not in that business, it's really not important to this discussion.

As far as insurance agents using pre-recorded messages, my feeling is absolutely not and the above post reinforces my position.

However, I've only been licensed for 33 years so I will defer the the more knowledgeable agents on this forum who measure their license in months.

Rick

Really?

Last edited:
It took me 10 minutes to read 47 CRF §64.1200

Unless pharmacists are non-profits, I see no mention of them (nor of lawyers).

I really don't see how my earlier post confirms that recorded calls which solely remind about an appointment are illegal.

Aesthetically, you may not like the recorded appointment message. Fine. That doesn't make it fiat. Nor does your long history as an insurance agent. (Not quite sure how that is relevant to reading the above mentioned code.)

Rick

Rick

What's 33 yrs in the buss, got to do with interrupting a 4 year old old law that applies to autodialer telemarketing calls, that is still being changed and updated, last update was 3 months ago on robo calls?

Did'nt even know they had autodialer messages 33 yrs ago.

Check the law, an appointment reminder is allowed when you have prior contact, insurance agents are not listed as being prohibited.
The law in general deals with blast marketing calls, not a single call to a single number to remind them of an appointment

You guys do whatever you like. I still believe these calls are illegal.

To use them simply as an appointment reminder is at least strange. How much time does it take to simply dial the phone?

Either way, you do business your way, and I'll do it my way.

Rick

Back