No Show Fixes

I have to side with Rick on this one. How hard is it to make an extra 3-5 calls per day personally (or via your assistant) to confirm appointments? All this ambiguity leads me to think I should just make the calls myself lest I fall afoul of the powers that be.

Yeah, I don't care about the legal/illegal aspect of the debate - if I've got a face-to-face appointment with a client, that means that someone has invited me into their home to discuss solidifying their financial future. I want to provide that person with the highest level of service possible in order to build trust and remind them that I take their individual concerns seriously. Pick up the phone and call them yourself.

Do what I do - go sit in your car, turn on the engine, and then call your client and tell them you're on the way and calling to confirm the directions you've got. It's a hell of a lot harder for a client to cancel on you when they can hear that you've already gotten set and are in motion to them. If they do cancel on you at that point, count your blessings - you just saved yourself a trip out to see someone who wasn't going to buy anything anyway.

Do what I do - go sit in your car, turn on the engine, and then call your client and tell them you're on the way and calling to confirm the directions you've got. It's a hell of a lot harder for a client to cancel on you when they can hear that you've already gotten set and are in motion to them. If they do cancel on you at that point, count your blessings - you just saved yourself a trip out to see someone who wasn't going to buy anything anyway.

Great idea!

While I don't think the automated reminder is illegal, you make a great point. I'm going to start doing this. (I have never made and automated call.)

I can see calling ahead for higher end insurance products but when you are dealing with Final Expense, it's best to just show up. If you are having a lot of no-shows, make sure they write the appointment down while you have them on the phone. If that doesn't work, then send out post cards (when the appointment is more than two days away). Or use a dialer to remind them.

But anyone that has been out on the field selling Final Expense knows that calling is not in your best interest and you are just giving them the chance to cancel on you.

The reason I write more business than most FE agents I work with, is because I don't take the easy way out. I set up my days schedule and I stick to it. I go regardless of whether I think they are home or not.

In fact, I have called before to see if they are home and they don't answer the phone. I learned it's best to go anyway because they are probably there. 70% of the time they are home or they are on their way home (I will sit outside their house for an hour and wait).

That is what I do.

And using a dialer to remind prospects of an appointment that has already been set with them, is legal. It works very well, too.

I can see calling ahead for higher end insurance products but when you are dealing with Final Expense, it's best to just show up. If you are having a lot of no-shows, make sure they write the appointment down while you have them on the phone. If that doesn't work, then send out post cards (when the appointment is more than two days away). Or use a dialer to remind them.

But anyone that has been out on the field selling Final Expense knows that calling is not in your best interest and you are just giving them the chance to cancel on you.

The reason I write more business than most FE agents I work with, is because I don't take the easy way out. I set up my days schedule and I stick to it. I go regardless of whether I think they are home or not.

In fact, I have called before to see if they are home and they don't answer the phone. I learned it's best to go anyway because they are probably there. 70% of the time they are home or they are on their way home (I will sit outside their house for an hour and wait).

That is what I do.

And using a dialer to remind prospects of an appointment that has already been set with them, is legal. It works very well, too.

You are exactly right when running FE appointments. I set my appointments one day in advance and I never call again. I generally set 6 to 8 appointments in an area for that day. If one is not home, I move on. FE is a different animal than other financial services. Also, if I was just running one appointment that was out of the way, I would do more pre-qualifying on the phone and I might even call on the way to remind them of the appointment. I very rarely run just one appointment, so, it's not an issue.

Back