NonMedical Life Insurance

Thanks for the advice, i did look at the underwriting guides for the companies i'm appointed with and they all required parameds - AIG, American Natl, Banner, Fidelity Life Association, Genworth, ING, John Hancock, LBL, Met, Pru, Trans, West Coast, William Penn, US Life.

Also, it was at least $100,000 but preferably more. What about Old Mutual - any NAA folks out there with advice?

If he's healthy...

Fidelity Life goes up to 200k for his age group Non-Med if you write the Rapid Decision Term.

Life Investors - Home Protector Elite should go up to 250K Non-Med.

Do these companies go by nearest or actual age? Which would you go to, i found fidelities site and am able to run quotes - 30% higher than trans for standard tobacco.

I found a good GA for fidelity and have things set up. Thanks, I guess I am a bit gun shy because of all the NAA horror stories but hey if this guy wants to pay extra then who am I to stop him?

Group,

I have been selling Non Medical Life Insurance and I love it

1. Cross selling with Health for final expense
2. You would be surprised about the number of people who dont want to go through the underwriting process
3. I can get up to $500,000 up to age 60...but 95% are my cases are in the $20-55 a month in premiums.

If anyone is interested...let me know

Thanks

Group,

I have been selling Non Medical Life Insurance and I love it

1. Cross selling with Health for final expense
2. You would be surprised about the number of people who dont want to go through the underwriting process
3. I can get up to $500,000 up to age 60...but 95% are my cases are in the $20-55 a month in premiums.

If anyone is interested...let me know

Thanks

Houston,

Are you prospecting for Health and cross-selling life, or vice-sersa? Do you offer fully underwritten life as well, or only non-med? It is true that many people don't want the hassle of U/W'ing, inspection reports, needles and peeing in cups. That said, most non-med plans are priced at a Table 4 rating. I always explain that and let them decide which they prefer... convenience or cost.

My sales guys are doing about $300,000 in annual placed premium per month of non med with an all online platform. I tried to give some tips and details a few days ago but the admin blocked my post? Like Houston said once you understand how to sell it you'd be surprized how easy it is. We get some pretty big pops $100-200 a month but the average premium runs $30 to 40 bucks.

DJ, admin blocked my private message also. Sorry. Our business is wholesale and retail. I have guys in charge of wholesale and let them do their job. I'm in charge of retail. Not pitching anything. We do have contracts for non med companys but I wasnt attemting to market here. Anyway good luck to you with non med. My piont was I agree non med is a great market.

DJ and Zebra,

I offer Non Med and Medical term life insurance and I approach the application with:

Life Prospect:

Are you more interested in Non Medical or Medical?

They always ask "whats the difference?"

I explain to them that NonMedical is faster and you avoid the paramed exam and underwriting...I tell them that the company offers 2 rates NonTobacco and Tobacco...If your case is healthy, then NonMedical probably would not be a fit then go with the online Medical application and set up the paramed and move to your next case.

If the case is interested with the NonMedical, then I explain with NonMedical you answer 7-8 questions, and if you answer no to all the questions your information is sent to the MIB for confirmation. If they qualify, your policy will be emailed to them in minutes. I run the quote and if they like it we proceed.

Cross-Selling with Health Cases:

I love this approach...When I am talking to a health case, typically the final expenses coverage with the health insurance company is pretty expensive. Last week is an example:

40 yr dentist with final expense of $50,000 10 yr term $18.50.

I ran his information and with my Non Med company his quotes were as follows:

$50,000 10 yr term $15.61
$50,000 15 yr term $18.78

I informed the client that I have a better approach...for $.28 cents more a month I could offer the same coverage but instead of a 10 yr term I could offer a 15 yr term.

He loved the idea and sold the health and the non medical

Houston

40 yr dentist with final expense of $50,000 10 yr term $18.50.

correct me if I am wrong but final expense plans are suppose to pay for funeral expenses right.....so your man is going to have to die before he is 50......strange way to sell a final expense plan.....

Back