NPN Should Be a Site Requirement to Post...

How about requiring someone to post under their real name. If you don't have that, you have NO accountability. If someone wants to say they are an agent, and they are not, and you don't know who they are, you are back to square one.

Thats not true. You can easily verify that someone is an agent via their NPN.

And there is already accountability on the site even without any type of verification or real names being used. Its accountability via reputation.

Some members posts prove they are knowledgeable agents.

Other members prove they are not knowledgeable, but are agents.

Others prove they are neither. (a couple of them have posted in this thread)

How about requiring someone to post under their real name. If you don't have that, you have NO accountability. If someone wants to say they are an agent, and they are not, and you don't know who they are, you are back to square one.

That's up to the site owner, if they implemented that rule I would have to consider my participation in the forum.

Given your publicly admitted hatred of most insurance agents why do you care?

Thats not true. You can easily verify that someone is an agent via their NPN.

Which means that they are no longer posting anonymously. But every time we have this discussion the majority like to emphasize why remaining anonymous is a "right" which should not be abridged.

I continue to disagree with the argument. You have the right to free speech, but you don't have the right to not be accountable for it.

And there is already accountability on the site even without any type of verification or real names being used. Its accountability via reputation.

Reputation is in the eye of the beholder. Every group of anything has it's own agendas and prejudices. Catholics tend not to fair well among a group of Baptists, and Democrats do not fair well among a group of Republicans. If everyone posting on a site about insurance are agents, then the comments will be weighted from an agent perspective, and that's only one third of the equation in the insurance industry.

Some members posts prove they are knowledgeable agents.

Other members prove they are not knowledgeable, but are agents.

Others prove they are neither. (a couple of them have posted in this thread)

But you won't name any names.

----------

Given your publicly admitted hatred of most insurance agents why do you care?

You see, this is the amusing part of "reputation". If a person or group of people continue to repeat the same lies over and over, as if they are fact, then a reputation is generated that is not accurate.

Please refer to the posting where I "publicly admitted" that I "hate" most insurance agents and why I don't "care".

Go ahead, give us a link. Let's see what I said that caused you to jump to that conclusion.

Which means that they are no longer posting anonymously. But every time we have this discussion the majority like to emphasize why remaining anonymous is a "right" which should not be abridged.

I continue to disagree with the argument. You have the right to free speech, but you don't have the right to not be accountable for it.

Reputation is in the eye of the beholder. Every group of anything has it's own agendas and prejudices. Catholics tend not to fair well among a group of Baptists, and Democrats do not fair well among a group of Republicans. If everyone posting on a site about insurance are agents, then the comments will be weighted from an agent perspective, and that's only one third of the equation in the insurance industry.

But you won't name any names.

----------

Yes, it does mean they are posting anonymously. Only the site admin would know who the person is. No one said to post the NPN publicly.

IF you were an agent, you would know that there are legal issues related to posting publicly. Especially if they are Registered Reps. Much like government regulations, this would cause unwanted side effects, like a lack of conversation on the forum. Then it would shut down eventually.

-----

You can dismiss the eyes and opinion of the majority. But that does not make them any less relevant.

I dont care what denomination a person is, if any Christian has a religious conversation with a person who has no clue what happened in the Bible. That Christian is going to know real quick that the other person is not a Christian and has never read the Bible.

As an agent, it is very easy to tell that you are not an agent. It shows in almost every post you make about insurance. You make factually inaccurate statements all the time. I also disagree with most of your opinions... but facts are facts. And you do not know your facts well at all.

There, I just named a name for you. But the licensed agents didnt need me to. They already knew who I was talking about.

You make factually inaccurate statements all the time. I also disagree with most of your opinions... but facts are facts. And you do not know your facts well at all.

If I do that all the time, then it should be easy to point to three examples.

Do you know how to post a link?

Here's one:

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...rance-college-savings-t79963.html#post1070570

I know there's been other times, but this is the one that comes to mind. Generally, we're not talking about the mechanics of insurance (but we can look up "net amount at risk" for other threads, right?), but financial planning concepts.

OK, so in response to a thread about using life insurance to save for college, I suggested a bank account was an alternative.

Oh the horror...

I did a little googling and turned up this article:

Investing for College: What Parents Need to Know

Looked for life insurance in that article, didn't find it.

Found this article:

7 Tips to Safe College Savings Investments

Looked for life insurance: crickets It did talk about banks and CDs.

Come on folks, if you're going to tar and feather me you can do better than that. I know I posted more controversial stuff than that, and happy to revisit those postings to uncover which ones said I hate most life insurance agents (which is a bold faced lie).

Sold a million dollar child policy in 1980, and it wasn't term. No one curious on the other thread? And a lot of you folks think I hate permanent insurance. I don't, but that doesn't seem to slow some of you down.

Last edited:
Come on folks, if you're going to tar and feather me you can do better than that. I know I posted more controversial stuff than that, and happy to revisit those postings to uncover which ones said I hate most life insurance agents (which is a bold faced lie).

Sold a million dollar child policy in 1980, and it wasn't term. No one curious on the other thread? And a lot of you folks think I hate permanent insurance. I don't, but that doesn't seem to slow some of you down.

My intent was never to tar and feather you. I never even called you out until you pushed me to do so.

And you are not always wrong about life insurance. Its mostly just WL and UL (non GUL) that you make incorrect statements about. And that is not really the issue, its more that you refuse to acknowledge the facts when presented with them.

You have a lot of knowledge, especially when it comes to Term. You just made a couple of posts in the $1mm child policy thread that were great posts that I enjoyed reading. I have learned things about Term Insurance from your posts over the years, especially when it comes to carriers and various features and niches for competitiveness. And it makes sense that you would know a lot about Term since your business is built around it. And if you ever want to sell your non-compulife website Id be the first to make you an offer. I have no issue with your opinions, I dont always agree with them, but opinions are opinions.

---------

Getting back on subject. This thread is about the fact that lots of consumers read this forum.

Personally, if I were a Consumer looking for information or asking a question, I would want to know which responses come from a licensed agent and which ones do not.

And out of all the unlicensed members on here, Robert is probably one of the best suited to give consumers advice, at least when it comes to Term Insurance.

Last edited:
Back