NY Individual Health Market

Thanks again Peter. You are really helping achieve that goal of 5,000. The word you should have used is won!:twitchy:

Thanks Arnguy I should have taken a second look.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What will do if someone wants to be a member or agent?
means is there any special qualification is required for this?

Well to be an Insurance Agent they will be required to pass a state Insurance exam, become licensed receive an appointment from an Insurance Company and complete continuing ed.
Peter, don't let anyone ever accuse you of having a sense of humor.

Humor.......Does not compute, what is this humor you speak of?

Last edited:
I just posted premiums for my family between $2,800 to $3,500 per month. I'd say anyone who can afford those premiums would have to be making $200K+. So yes, I'm sure there's a market if you can find affluent clients.

At 5% commission based on $2,800/mo that's a $1,680 comp. Just find 1 client a week and you're earning over 87K.

That is expensive.

Aside from the Hollywood in FL and in CA, PA has two Hollywood towns. One is located near me in Abington Township and there was a small mining village with that name that wound up being incorporated into Hazelton.

Peter, in PA we have a town called Jersey Shore. What is funny is that it is located over 200 miles west of the true Jersey Shore communities such as Barnegat, Atlantic City, Wildwood, etc. It must have been a case of wishful thinking by the founders of that town.

Best of all, though, in Lancaster County we have the unincorporated villages of Blue Ball and Intercourse. They are located in the heart of the Amish countryside. When drive through Blue Ball's main drag, you will notice that many residents have a cement stand similar to a bird bath with a plastic blue ball on the top of it. Although Ohio and Arkansas have towns named Blue Ball, I'll bet neither none of those is near a town named Intercourse----only in Pennsylvania.

That is the odd-named geography lesson for today, folks.:D
No kidding? At least the only Miami is in Florida.

Rick

Miami University is in Ohio, but the University of Miami is in Florida. Just ask Chumps from Oxford. BTW there actually are 54 towns name Miami in the U.S.! Did you fall asleep in Geography 101 at UCLA, Rick?:err:

Last edited:
Aside from the Hollywood in FL and in CA, PA has two Hollywood towns. One is located near me in Abington Township and there was a small mining village with that name that wound up being incorporated into Hazelton.

Peter, in PA we have a town called Jersey Shore. What is funny is that it is located over 200 miles west of the true Jersey Shore communities such as Barnegat, Atlantic City, Wildwood, etc. It must have been a case of wishful thinking by the founders of that town.

Best of all, though, in Lancaster County we have the unincorporated villages of Blue Ball and Intercourse. They are located in the heart of the Amish countryside. When drive through Blue Ball's main drag, you will notice that many residents have a cement stand similar to a bird bath with a plastic blue ball on the top of it. Although Ohio and Arkansas have towns named Blue Ball, I'll bet neither none of those is near a town named Intercourse----only in Pennsylvania.

That is the odd-named geography lesson for today, folks.:D

Cool...Your state is much more original in the naming of your unorganized townships...In Maine they look like T1R6 which stands for Territory (number) Range (Number).

Back