Objections Overruled

You're confusing me with Frank, he sells his product and then trains for free (laughable)

My training is free to my agents but training anyone outside of my agency is a conflict of interest. Why would I help the competition?

And Arturo, I appreciate you wanting my product but you're asking agents to "share" something that they paid for that's also copyrighted material.

So, my statement was correct. He'd need to contract under you, and then you'd sell it to him.

So, my statement was correct. He'd need to contract under you, and then you'd sell it to him.

I don't know if this is exactly the same thing, but I paid for his pdf book so I own a copy. I'll be happy to let anyone borrow my copy but you have to promise to send it back when you're finished.

Rick

For the uninitiated that's called copyright infringement, the following paragraph is clearly in the book.

All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without the written permission of the publisher, except where permitted by law.

But thanks for posting this publicly Rick.

I don't know if this is exactly the same thing, but I paid for his pdf book so I own a copy. I'll be happy to let anyone borrow my copy but you have to promise to send it back when you're finished.

Rick

Or for the more intellectual types, the Oxford Dictionary Online:

definition of wanna from Oxford Dictionaries Online

Use UrbanDictionary.com to figure out 'wanna'.

No, they are not guilty because they get permission to disburse copyright protected materials. Or at least they're supposed to.

But there are many people like Rick, who disregard the law and see nothing wrong with it, for instance downloading music illegally or talking on the cell phone while driving (in certain states). As long as it doesn't harm them, they don't care.

I suppose library's are guilty of copyright infringement since they loan out books.

actually, no.
Copyright law doesn't prohibit the number of people that read the book, just how many people have access to it at the same time.

Rob - sorry, but you are wrong in this case. If he prints it, sends it to someone, then gets it back and sends it to the next one, that is usually not seen as copyright infringement, since only one person has it at a time. This is usually 'permitted by law', considered reasonable use. Because of this, libraries tend not to have to worry about special permission.

Dan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I should add, I'm not an attorney, and anyone should seek their own legal advice, not that offered by an agent on a forum on the internet somewhere.....

Dan

Last edited:
Can you back this up with some documentation? Your information is incorrect as far as I know and I've been dealing with copyright issues (first music, then book) for over 20 years, learned a lot so if the laws have changed, please let me see where to read up on it.

Is it ethically sound? Morally?

actually, no.
Copyright law doesn't prohibit the number of people that read the book, just how many people have access to it at the same time.

Rob - sorry, but you are wrong in this case. If he prints it, sends it to someone, then gets it back and sends it to the next one, that is usually not seen as copyright infringement, since only one person has it at a time. This is usually 'permitted by law', considered reasonable use. Because of this, libraries tend not to have to worry about special permission.

Dan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I should add, I'm not an attorney, and anyone should seek their own legal advice, not that offered by an agent on a forum on the internet somewhere.....

Dan

Back